FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Bubecks Chout

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

flattyflyer

Post Sun May 12, 2002 11:33 pm

Bubecks Chout

Liked the pics of Bubecks chout. It ran on alcohol(at least in its incarnation in the pics, as it "evolved" over the years.) I talked to Max about it and if memory serves correct it was only an 80" and ran stock type valves. It also had Shunck 4 lobe cams in it. Max did the top ends and Frank Chase did the lower ends. This is info I got from Max on a casset tape about 15 years ago. The front forks are factory narrowed Vard fork. Somebody need to interview him and get all the info before it is to late. How about a book on all the old time racers Bubeck Chase Herbert C.B. Clauson ect? I would love to see a book on all the old 50's lakes and drag racers. Clem Johnsons Vincent "the barn job" ect. Panic your a writer aren't ya?
<<

Dusty-Dave

Post Mon May 13, 2002 12:53 am

Flattyflyer:
Jerry Hatfield should have a Rolley Free book out late this year or early next. Is he enough of a crazy for you? Hope he has the Bonney photo on the cover.
Dusty
<<

flattyflyer

Post Mon May 13, 2002 1:41 am

Thanks for the info I LOVE that picture, legend has it they made him wear shoes so he borrowed some sneakers, said they didn't fit were to big and flopped in the wind. He stated (or so they say) that he probably could have gotten a few more MPH if they had fitted!!!
<<

panic

Post Mon May 13, 2002 2:07 pm

Wellll, sort of a writer, but I have no source for the info you're looking for. All the stuff I've written so far is personal experience - don't have to leave the sofa. Yes, I'd like to know more about it.

------------------
Click here to read about my Linkert Book
<<

greybeard52

Post Mon May 13, 2002 3:29 pm

Back in the late 50's-early 60's there was another Vincent drag bike; the "Turnip Eater". Very quick. Anybody else remember it? G
<<

flattyflyer

Post Thu May 16, 2002 1:17 am

I always thought the turnip eater was Leo payne's sportster but I've been known to be wrong once (because I wanted to be, just kidding)
<<

panic

Post Thu May 16, 2002 1:43 pm

Yah, Leo sounds familiar - the paint on the tank used the Triumph logo-type lettering for "Turnip", too. LOL.

------------------
Click here to read about my Linkert Book

Return to Indians