FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Bonneville Scout

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

Dusty-Dave

Post Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:33 am

Bonneville Scout

Seems like I have almost talked myself in to building a Bonneville Indian Scout Probably AVF or ABVF. The rules for vintage engines is that they have to have original cases and cylinders or exact duplicates. All of the repro cylinders say that they are improved so the SCTA wont allow them. So I am looking for a pair of solid Sport Scout cylinders broken fins are no problem but they need to be thick enough to not need sleeves or valve seats, the crack at the head bolt would be OK. Oddly enough they don't care if I build my own heads. I plan to run NOS, alcohol and probably a blower so solid cylinders are the first Item on the list.
Dusty
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:17 pm

Re: Bonneville Scout

Dusty. I know of a guy out of Butler, PA who probably has the cylinders you seek. He is the type of person you must drill to get good details before purchasing though. If you want to contact him, email me direct for contact information. As I said, you must drill [interrogate[ him for details before committing to purchasing anything from him. Pa
<<

MOLDTHREAD

Post Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:16 pm

The scout cylinders I make are available in 2 different versions. The only difference is in the port shape.
I am still making the original port design that was made by Dick Holt who I purchased the patterns from.
It is my understanding that those cylinders have already been approved by the SCTA.
I also make another IMPROVED version with modern port shapes.
That is the only difference.

I also make the 648 Daytona engine cases which are exact replicas and are machined to the original Indian factory drawings
Bruce Argetsinger
AHRMA Dirt Track # 67J
www.enfieldracing.com
<<

Dusty-Dave

Post Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:03 pm

Bruce,
I copied the url to the cylinders listed on your site to Matt Shuss SCTA chief inspector and was told absolutely not. If you have a link or any info on the ones you say have been approved let me know.
Dave

Return to Indians