Post Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:00 am

WARNING: Internet SCAM

In searching the internet I came upon a Craigslist listing in San Diego for a 1948 Chief bobber for $6450. I contacted the "seller" and received a response from a "company" called eMotors-Depot. I checked out their website: very impressive, testimonials and a bunch of blog discussions. They even had an online chat room to discuss their service! They claimed to be an internet escrow company and requested a 1/3rd Moneygram deposit to ship the bike to me for my inspection (red flags). I also noted that there were numerous obvious English language mistakes on their site. Their address was missing a street number and located in Chicago but their phone number was in Seattle. The thing that takes the cake is that there is a legitimate company in California named eMotors Depot....no hyphen....whose good name these scammers hijacked! I did a search for this bike on the internet and found that it sold a year ago on eBay and learned from the original owner that they had hijacked the photos and descriptions. After stringing them along for about a week I noticed today that their website disappeared. If it sounds too good to be true it probably isn't.

BUYER BEWARE!