FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Anyone had a 741b speedo apart ?

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

dirtyss

Post Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:44 pm

Anyone had a 741b speedo apart ?

Hi Guys
Had an absolute blast of a summer on my "dirty stroked scout" I used it far more than any of the other bikes I have, done quite a bit of tweeking and fettling to get her how I want. One of the remaining issues is the speedo, I'm getting the drives sorted - new cables etc. Now I've take the dial apart - no probs there, even got the needle to rotate in a fashion but rather eratically, further stipping down seems to indicate that a very tiny bush or bearing is missing at the bottom of the needle spindle making the reluctor cup wobble and bind when it is rotated by the magnet !!!
This might all sound a bit double dutch to you, so I may have to explain some of my wording, but is there someone who uses this forum who repairs these speedometers or I can get advice or parts from, who comes recommended by anyone here ?

Best Regards
Paul

PS why has all text come out centered ?
<<

Dusty-Dave

Post Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:53 am

Re: Anyone had a 741b speedo apart ?

Paul,
Everybody says Jannis Naprella (sp?) in canada is the guy for speedo stuff and repairs. Tell us more about the stroker, Stroked SS or stroked 741? What wheels? I am doind a 741 with SS wheels and cant find the Mahle pistons that used to be the gold standard for this combo.
Dusty

Return to Indians