FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Knuckle oil return/smoking issues

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

HAWKEYE

Post Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:41 am

Re: Knuckle oil return/smoking issues

Ok... I called Clippard and they told me they didn't do "over the phone" sales, I could buy it on-line or from a Distrubutor. I checked on-line and it was going to cost $25.35 to ship it. I called the Distributor that they listed near me and they had them in stock, 8000 of them, but they came in packs of 10. The CS rep said she would sell me "one" for a $1.89 and I could come pick it up at any time... 8)
HAWK
<<

HAWKEYE

Post Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:51 am

I picked up the part they had that was of the part # you gave me but it is not anything I can use. It is a tiny elbow joint. What I was looking for is the oil fitting that goes into the front of the front head. It looks like a small 1/8 tube about 1 inch long with a slight downward curve to it. Was this what I was supposed to get from Clippard?
HAWK
<<

BrentCross@Bronko's

Post Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:32 pm

"This is for the swivel fittings that screw into the lower "tins"." Sorry Hawkeye you must have missed this.

The following is the link for the straight fitting in the front exhaust lower tin. Verify with the picture as I am not aware of a "slight downward curve" type fitting. The one in my head is straight. Click on the part number to bring up the picture.

http://www.clippard.com/store/display_d ... ku=CT4-PKG

Remember that this is for the Canadian site.

Brent
<<

HAWKEYE

Post Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:58 pm

I called S&S today about this and he knew what fitting I was talking about. He said that it originally was a "swivel" fitting that the seal on would easily break and that it will be replaced in the "new" S&S Knuckle with a braised fitting that will not leak. I'm having one made up. The clippard one you show in that last post doesn't look like it's long enough, the one I have is much longer.

On a different note what about the oil line "clips"? Is there a good source for them where you don't have to buy them by the hundred??
HAWK
<<

BrentCross@Bronko's

Post Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:31 am

The only source I know of is right from HD - the spring clip on late 90s CV carb float bowl vent tubes is the only thing I have found that is close. Clippard does not sell the clips and I know of no other source.
Previous

Return to Knuckles