FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

rockerbox rubber O-rings

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

rein

Post Tue Aug 15, 2000 4:06 pm

rockerbox rubber O-rings

Am i the only one, or do you guys also have troubles with those O-rings that are around shortly?
You know these seals that stick in the rockerboxes in order to seal the covertins!
The shipments(3 times) i received from my supplier were ALL too small in external diameter, if they were built in , completely with the rocker, there still was a gap of maybe 1/32''on the outside.
The latest i got looked like the originals, same shape,coated with graphite powder, but also:TOO SMALL.
The old ones that came with the complete James gasket sets fitted ok!My supplier says these are James too, i ordered them separate, so i cannot check it, but i believe him.I installed NOS ones i could lay my hands on, and they fit fine.
The major set back of course is that some guys that didn t follow the vacuumloss stories in this forum, maybe install these bastards, with result one oilspraying knuckle again!
<<

dotman

Post Tue Aug 15, 2000 7:08 pm

We will have new improved material versions in about 5 weeks Image
<<

rein

Post Tue Aug 15, 2000 10:19 pm

you make me curious Dotman, who is we?
<<

Cotten

Post Wed Aug 16, 2000 2:44 am

That problem has been around for some time now! Either too tight on the shaft, or too tight in the rockerbox bore.
Save us, Dotman!
<<

Admin

Post Wed Aug 16, 2000 7:05 am

The Almighty Rubber problem is around every
day....
Talked to James about 2 years ago and he said
he had the Real thing coming. Been trying to
get ahold of him ever since but no luck.
Hope they´re coming soon, would be the best
thing to happen to mankind in many years..

Anders
<<

rein

Post Wed Aug 16, 2000 8:08 am

never had them too tight on the rockerboxbore cotten, always too loose, maybe in the next shipment!
Anders i think the Real thing you referred to were in my last order, they really looked exactly like the original,same shape etc. but..WAY TOO SMALL on the outside diameter!

Whats the problem to make them the right size, or maybe they are shrinking when sent to this cold area(holland)!Anyway, i agree it would be a real benefit to get the right ones .

One method i used when i had to go on with these bad ones, was to wrap the rubber band of sidevalvecovers over its outside to let it ''grow'' a little bit.
<<

dotman

Post Wed Aug 16, 2000 3:06 pm

TRS www.sidevalve.com have been working on upgrade materials to replace the standard that has been available until somewhat recently. U sets are done and we are tooling up for the E-FL set now

Return to Knuckles