FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Knuckle Baskets

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

Bisbee Bandit

Post Fri Apr 21, 2000 4:19 am

Knuckle Baskets

Ijust took possesion of two "40" knuckle basket cases.Straight leg frames one with all the tabs still intact. The other has been raked all molded in and imron black paint. The New motor has papers and is freshly rebuilt, assembled andheads ready to bolt on. The Run motor has a "Boneville" number case,presumably to replace a broken case. Question,how would one go about getting papers for the Run motor. I have enough parts to assemble both bikes and may sell one as a complete basket. I got them from a old friend that had to sell them and had them for years and I feel comfortable with their origin. Any coments?
<<

dotman

Post Fri Apr 21, 2000 3:00 pm

esplain run motor bonivile numbers?
<<

Bisbee Bandit

Post Sat Apr 22, 2000 2:21 am

dotman, by run motor I mean the motor that is used, been run and by Boneville I mean the name of a aftermarket case with no vin numbers. It is a replacement case for one that may have broken. This motor has no title and I would like to figure out a way to get it titled. I do have bill of sale for that motor. Boneville is cast on this case on the numbers side below the deck where the front barrel bolts on.
<<

dotman

Post Sat Apr 22, 2000 2:32 pm

OH! thanks for the explaination.
theres a company in vegas that can retitle for money and copies of paperwork. they are on the web but i dont have url. also there is a company in alabama that does the same thing
<<

Bisbee Bandit

Post Sat Apr 22, 2000 4:05 pm

Dotman, thanks again for the info. I have heard of the alabama service from a friend that got title to an old Mercury. I just don't have a name for the co. If any one can provide a name or address for the title service company or companies that they have had success with that would be great.
<<

Steve in Arkansaw

Post Sun Apr 23, 2000 5:33 pm

Their name is International Title Service and the website is www.its-titles.com I have used this service twice, it costs $75 for a motorcycle. You sell the bike to them and they sell it back with a New Hampshire registration and Bill of sale so you will need VIN numbers .
Steve

Return to Knuckles