Board index Flathead Power-Technical Questions, Answers, and Suggestions Knuckles Knuck oil tank

Knuck oil tank

Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:47 pm
I'm looking to use a ratchet top gearbox in a standard knuckle frame (transmission for my American readers) with the long lever for a foot clutch, can I use a standard oil tank ( I had a little cylindrical one which fouled)? On another note I'm after one of those change your luck ride a knuck stickers, does anybody know where I could get one? Thanks Chaps

Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:37 pm

Posts: 152
Location: Carver, MN

Stock type Knuckle oil tank should fit with that combo. Be aware though, that an aftermarket oil tank, oil tank mounting plate, or clutch arm may cause some minor clearance issues. The usual for reproduction parts: nothing that can't be adjusted with a blue tip wrench and/or a very large hammer :lol:

Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:05 pm

Posts: 2688
Location: Los Angeles, CA
I believe ya get the decals from Carls Cycle Supply.

Post Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:02 am
Thanks chaps, is there a trick to getting a reply from Carls? Tried them a number of times before

Post Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:09 am

Posts: 45
Location: Midwest
use Matt's hotmail account. He'll get back to you.

Post Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:28 am
Thanks for the suggestion but that didn't work either. If anybody ever sees a couple of those stickers for sale at a swap meet or show I'd be more than happy to reimburse you for them

Post Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:40 am

Posts: 641
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Those South Dakota boys are very busy these days. Carl used to have a rule about seeing your Knuck on the road before he would let you have a sticker. Maybe send a picture of your bike?

Post Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:48 am

Posts: 732
Location: nekoosa,wisconsin,usa

It's not likely that you will find a Carl's sticker for sale. I concur with Amklyde.

Return to Knuckles