FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Knucklehead Reunion VII

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

john k. endrizzi

Post Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:08 am

Knucklehead Reunion VII

Hi Folks,
Friday night I attended Movie Night at the new Harley Davidson Museum. We were shown great home movies by a man by the name of Bob Stuth. Most of his footage was taken at events around Wisconsin. Early Daytona 200 being the exception. These flicks ranged from the mid 1940's to the mid 60's. Absolutely great motorcycle history. But I digress. In addition to the movie , we were at the Motor Company for the purpose of finalizing arrangements for the Knucklehead Reunion VII. Thru the gracious efforts of my friend Fat Dog, we have been invited to hold our event there at the Harley-Davidson Museum. It will be held on Sat July 11 from 9 to 5. We will feature a ride in bike show judged by popular vote. There will be classes for American made bikes built before 1970. . In addition, The Badger Heritage Chapter of the AMCA will run a full card of field events. A special display will feature the unbelievable work of Mr. Jerry Kiefer. Jerry has built an 1/8 scale running 1947 FL model ! The event is being held to benefit the Make-A-Wish foundation. After a day in the sun, we will do a group ride up to Ceadrburg for Music and Camping along the Cedar Creek at the Country Keg. Music will be provided by Cross Town Traffic. And yes , there will be Point Special Beer available. It matters not what you ride ! Please join us in this special event for kids.
Thak you
John K. Endrizzi
<<

FlatHeadSix

Post Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:33 pm

Re: Knucklehead Reunion VII

John
That looked like a really good deal until I saw the part about the Point Special Beer, the only thing worse than Point was Rheinlander Export! I've alway been a Leinenkugel' guy myself.

Seriously, I hope we can make it up for the event, maybe I'll even have the '31 VL presentable enough for the show.

mike
<<

john k. endrizzi

Post Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:48 am

Mike,
Actually we are going to have to import the Point by special shipment as this bar doesn't have that brand as a regular offering ! Your VL is most welcome in any form. I'll buy you a beer of your choice . Who knows,,,,,,,, you might win LDR.
John
<<

john k. endrizzi

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:50 am

We are less than 40 days away from the Worlds Largest Gathering of Knuckleheads ! Of course you need not come on a Knucklehead to be welcome ! The folks at the Harley-Davidson Museum tell me that they are going to be celebrating the first anniversary of the the Museum on the date of our Knucklehead Reunioon VII. There will be a group of Then Came Bronson fans out of South Carolina showing their Bronson tribute Sportsters inside the Museum. Jerry Kiefer will be bringing some of his microscopic machining equipment along to share with us........ it will give you some idea of what it takes to build in 1/8th scale. The Badger Heritage Chapter of the AMCA have some great field games to test your riding skills with. We will be looking forward to putting faces together with names from Flathead Poweer. Com Tech Talk. JULY 11, 2009 BE THERE !
John
<<

Chris Haynes

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:56 am

john k. endrizzi wrote: There will be a group of Then Came Bronson fans out of South Carolina showing their Bronson tribute Sportsters inside the Museum.

I worked on the "Then Came Bronson" series. I wound up with the Sportster that was used for crashing sound effects for the episode where he got smacked in the face with a branch and the bike went tumbling down the mountain. To get those sounds I raised the brand new Sportster 20 feet in the air on a forklift and it was pushed off to the ground. We did this about 15 times. It was severly hurt, but not fatal. :(
<<

Frankenstein

Post Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:12 am

Chris, Wasn't that the one where he straightened his fork legs by sticking them between two trees and tweaking them? :lol:
DD
<<

s eagle

Post Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:33 pm

Chris Haynes wrote:
john k. endrizzi wrote: There will be a group of Then Came Bronson fans out of South Carolina showing their Bronson tribute Sportsters inside the Museum.

I worked on the "Then Came Bronson" series. I wound up with the Sportster that was used for crashing sound effects for the episode where he got smacked in the face with a branch and the bike went tumbling down the mountain. To get those sounds I raised the brand new Sportster 20 feet in the air on a forklift and it was pushed off to the ground. We did this about 15 times. It was severly hurt, but not fatal. :(

Chris,
Do you mean the sporty or your heart, because it sure would have broken my heart to smash up that new sporty. :wink:
Steven

1946 knucklehead
1976 shovelhead
2006 road king

Youth and enthusiasm is no match for age and treachery.
<<

Chris Haynes

Post Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:49 pm

Frankenstein wrote:Chris, Wasn't that the one where he straightened his fork legs by sticking them between two trees and tweaking them? :lol:
DD

And beating on the bike with a rock. Shops soon thereafter had boxes of Bronson rocks sitting on the counter. :D
<<

Chris Haynes

Post Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:52 pm

Chris,
Do you mean the sporty or your heart, because it sure would have broken my heart to smash up that new sporty. :wink:[/quote]

It was a lil hard to take. But I just kept telling myself, it is only a Sportster, it is only a Sportster, it is only a Sportster. :D
<<

john k. endrizzi

Post Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:06 am

Just a reminder guys ! There is less than two weeks before the worlds largest gathering of Knuckleheads takes place. The show will not be restricted to Harley's greatest OHV. We will have classes for all American made bikes built before 1970. Come and show off your riding skills, as the Badge Heritage Chapter of the AMCA has a very special line up of field games. Live music, refreshments and new model demo rides will be provided by the Motor Company. To quote Bob Barker :
COME ON DOWN !
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.

Return to Knuckles