FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Bad News!!

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

HAWKEYE

Post Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:20 am

Bad News!!

I had my FHP Knuckle stripped down to re-paint it and the wrench found some badly rigged repairs, JB Weld was mentioned... :evil: I need a total rebuild and need to know where I can get a complete rebuild set of gaskets for it. Do the standard gasket sets work? Anyone know if S&S has started stocking parts for them yet I need some help guys..... :cry:
HAWK
<<

BrentCross@Bronko's

Post Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:19 am

Re: Bad News!!

I like James gaskets which are readily available for original knucks. The only issue you might have is the "rocker tins" which are actually aluminum. FHP near the end used red hi-temp silicone underneath (between the head and the cup) and Permatex Ultra Grey on the top covers. Of course if you are running a big-bore stroker the head and base gaskets will be different but should still be available.

Don't know if S&S is selling parts yet - got tired of asking with no concrete response (and I am a dealer). Have a set of FHP heads here in the shop waiting for parts availability so I guess I should start calling again :roll:

Your situation does not surprise me. Nothing but grief with the final FHP (before S&S took over).
<<

john k. endrizzi

Post Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:45 am

I spoke with a source inside the S&S hierarchy last week. I was told that the Knucklehead line will make it's debut in October.
JKE
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:46 am

S&S links are at the top of this and every other page. Catalog of available parts is available there also. Pa
<<

BrentCross@Bronko's

Post Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:07 am

"I spoke with a source inside the S&S hierarchy last week. I was told that the Knucklehead line will make it's debut in October.
JKE"

Talked to my sales girl yesterday and the word is now November. They have presold several engines but such have not been built yet. Still no availability on separate parts (eg: rocker arm shafts). As a side note the S&S shafts will work in oem heads with an included hardware kit as they are specifically designed for the FHP heads and related "tins".

Return to Knuckles