FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Wrist Pin Bushing

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

zeek

Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:27 pm

Wrist Pin Bushing

I have a set of 61" flywheels that one of the wrist pins bushings has spun and when installing a stock bushing it just slips through. I have seen a over sized bushing advertised and am wondering if any one here has had any experience with this, or would it just be smarter to replace the rods at this time. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
<<

BrentCross@Bronko's

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:59 am

Re: Wrist Pin Bushing

Standard operating procedure to use oversize wrist pin bushings in old rods. Make sure the bushing has the proper interference fit and you are good to go. No issues whatsoever using oversize bushings if installed correctly. Been doing so for 20+ years.
<<

amklyde

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:05 am

Be sure to true up the hole in the rod before choosing the right o/s.
<<

zeek

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:49 pm

amklyde wrote:Be sure to true up the hole in the rod before choosing the right o/s.
Thanks for your response, this seemed like a standard procedure but was not sure if the cost of machining out weighed the new rod. I believe that this is some thing I will not be able to handle my self and also, I may not have mentioned that the rods are still mounted in the flywheels so I will need to leave the choose of the right o/s bushing left to the machine shop. Is there any other things I should be cautious of?
As always any help will be very appreciated.

Return to Knuckles