FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Boardtrack video

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

37ULH

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:31 pm

Boardtrack video

Check out this amazing video of board tracking.
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... id=5561686
<<

Johnny

Post Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:01 am

Re: Boardtrack video

There's a guy at most the AMCA meets who sells motorcycle DVDs including this one. It's great to watch over and over.
It's interesting to see the stars & stripes from 1912 at the beginning of the video.
Thanks for posting this Steve.
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:01 am

Really enjoyed it ! Thanks !! Pa
<<

vltonybob

Post Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:34 pm

I have been trying to buy this Boardtrack video or just locate one to buy for a long time and nothing until now. I finally have seen it ....
THANK YOU for sharing :) :D
Harley-Davidson with FLXI sidecar
<<

Chris Haynes

Post Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:15 pm

vltonybob wrote:I have been trying to buy this Boardtrack video or just locate one to buy for a long time and nothing until now. I finally have seen it ....
THANK YOU for sharing :) :D

Steve at Vintage Motorcycles Northwest in Spanaway, WA has the video.
<<

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:27 pm

37ULH, Thanks for posting !! Board track film is very rare so I'm not suprised it came from outside the U.S. - I showed it to my "biker" friends at work who never heard of the board track era, or that one ever existed in Florida. They were amazed!That shot near the end in the "profesional " race where the racers came into frame entering the third turn single file high on the bank gave me goose bumps. If you've ever seen V twins racing on a mile dirt track you can imagine how it sounded!
<<

37ULH

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:58 pm

Recently found some more footage on you tube entitled "Splinter Road". Appears to be the opening of a movie. Have hope but no knowledge beyond that. Note in the comments/ reviews that somone else is also working on a documentary.
Agreed that flattrack was /could still be the most exciting form of motorsports in the world.
Clay race tracks and the resultant single line racing and AMA's constant alignment to keep the antiquated national brand in a dominant position has all but killed the sport.
New season is upon us with a new management group (Daytona Motorsports Group) promoting. Off brands that many people worked years to develop have now been sidelined, leaving guess who dominate (since the early 70's) due to changes made under the new guiding light. Same story, same song.
Maybe they can get it some tv coverage and turn on new generations that, like your buds on board track racing, are oblivious to the most exciting racing on the planet.
Hopefully, due to the people that truly love the sport, it will survive.

Return to Motorcycle Trivia