FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

slanderest

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

jib

Post Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:06 pm

slanderest

dear pa
have watched and listened from afar on many topics , the technical know how is astounding, sometimes . literacy is diabolical, and yet i understand the meaning mostly [not meant as a personal jibe]even thougth i struggle with the spelling. i must apollogise if it apears i am haveing a dig.
The dialectic is ridicouslus .[struggled for ages with this,oh the angst]
if to many beers will look tomorrow and delete...........cause seems to be can be here then.............. not... here....
either contribute and leave for all to see and comment,as hey see fit who might read that post or reply ,or dont post or reply at all. specifically i refer to panic's delet'tions, cause he has so much collecteted knowledge to impart .then like someone who is imbarressed by what theve said or thinks that they're stupid deletes it. maybe panic/jeffery has a different reason[shyness for example,monetry gain]but it is really annoying to try to read old posts and try to decipher the bits in between. lots of love and regards jib

p.s will edit tomorrow when sober
Dude, check out that jibhead, he's crazy. Hasn't been sober for 40 years
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:28 pm

Re: slanderest

jib, Your concerns on deleted posts have been addressed before here. You are not alone in your feelings. Many here agree with you. I could ask you to do a search for the post deletion discussions, but it may be very difficult to locate. The discussion occurred a few years ago, or somewhere around about that long. Software wise, it is possible to prevent all from deleting their posts, but that would go against the majority. The majority wants the ability to delete their posts. The reason for wanting the ability to delete varies from one member to another. Anyhow jib, out of close to 1000 members, only a few dozen demanded a no delete policy. This policy has been transfered through three forum hosts so far. I do not see it changing anytime soon. This is why, I suggested.....to save what interests one's self, before it is gone. The deletor can't take away from you, what is already on your hard drive or what your printer puts out. That is how I do it. I welcome another poll as to the deletion senerio. It can begin here. But !! I will bet, the majority will rule the same again. Then again ???? maybe not this time ? Regards and with great admiration, Pa
<<

jib

Post Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:56 pm

really pa just want to get on , and i can see you're the same kind of person or wouldn't have been made a moderator.
i see your point about saving threads to hard drive, but have a problem where by sometimes it's nearly a fortnight between accsess to the net, due to various reasons .bikes,birds.work n sleep.[it's half 3 in the morning now] so to catch up means reading stuff thats out of date. before reading todays posts ,inorder for to make sense,.not make a fool by asking ? all ready asked, ..

SO if big bits missing from thread ..............best those responsible stop IT....OR not misscontribute .because that is what i believe the edit function is for,..Removing mistakes ...........................not for removing facts,figures and data which is both apprieciated and applaulded.

p.s. great site have learnt a vast amount of knowledge about obsolete american sidevalves..learning every day.regards jib
p.p.s WHEN im sober i might edit all of me
<<

jib

Post Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:27 pm

an i still aint sober so heres some more. if certain folks cant keep their sassy crap outa good posts then they should 'f' right out 'off' this site .sometimes i really would like to bitch the hell to them ,but restrain myself due to my gentle upbringing ,you know who i mean if i say i pillar of brown diatribe... an im sure that its the same person who used to write "merde"before ,because the fist is the same,stiring up sedition and waste to procastinate and antagonise.

p.s. if im ever sober im definatletly not going to ever edit this.

Return to Shoot The Bull