FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

KnuckleWear® from Pointer Brand® & Dickies®

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

Plumber

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:47 am

KnuckleWear® from Pointer Brand® & Dickies®

I'm working with Pointer on a xx" inseam "carpenter shorts" w/o hammer loop.
We were planning a funeral for all work-wear shorts that end at or above the knee, but the expense of cording-off downtown Milwaukee over-rides the simple message: Any shorts higher than 2" below the knee is gay.
Pointer® will stock these xx" inseam (cell-phone pocket) work-shorts as "KnuckleWear". These shorts keep your knees warm and insure that with a 1-day Van Dyke or untrimmed bearded face on Thursday, you can look like scooter trash by Saturday morning.
Our tailor will have the prototype finished by Tuesday of next week, then off to Bristol, Tennessee for production of (6) pair, of which I will sell two pair. One is washed duck and the other one is pre-washed 14 oz. denim. They will be a "proto-typed" investment piece and I'll offer one pair here and one pair on an ebay Buy Now!, (just for the KnuckleWear exposure, you understand) depending on whether Pointer assigns a KnuckleWear name and a part number for it. Waist 32, but might fit 33. If they don't assign a part number, I'm keeping them. You can ride with these into late season.
I'm headed to the shoe manufacturers next - Vans, Hi-Tech, Quicksilver, etc. We're looking for slash-cut hikers w/ full-support poly-injection last. Got socks covered with WigWam® sport 625. Comfort and speed combined would be the goal. With a rocker clutch pedal.
http://www.pointerbrand.com/
The two products, washed duck #32md-loop and pre-washed denim #75-loop, now have part numbers. They' re sending me two pair today or tomorrow.
Will they handle the rigors of rocker/jockey shifting and hard construction use? That's the test for 14 oz. U.S.A. cotton-denim.
And, you won't find WIg-Wam 625's any cheaper than this:
http://www.sockcompany.com/625.html
Hi-Tech® outdoor boot is a hard company to get in touch with. Once these companies get big, they get out of touch. I'm still looking for a poly-injection-lightweight-nylon/fused leather shoe mfgr. All the slash-cut boots these days look like Kleenex® boxes with Baja-knobby tire tread soles. For what? Collecting mud? I'd rather see a variation on the Goodyear® Speed-Grip tread instead.
Last edited by Plumber on Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:55 pm, edited 21 times in total.
<<

45Brit

Post Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:59 pm

Re: KnuckleWear® from Pointer Brand® Denim

are you on the right forum? Sounds like an escapee from Jockey Journal or somewhere like that....
Shoot, a man could have a good weekend in Dallas with all that stuff...
<<

john k. endrizzi

Post Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:09 pm

Beware 45Brit,
Don't provoke the wrath of Plumber !
JKE
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
<<

Limey_Dave

Post Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:47 pm

More like Jockey Shorts. :shock:

Smart move Plumber,if you have them lined in latex with sealing strips on the legs,I bet they'd hold 3.5 gallons and you could make them any shape you like. :mrgreen:
<<

45Brit

Post Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:41 am

is this a serious thread then, John? 'cos I couldn't understand a word of it. Seriously, I would tend to feel that any thread containing the word 'gay' belongs somewhere else. There are plenty of boards where you can post threads about handlebar trends, how long your Triumph back end is, or how cool your Vans look while riding. FHP is the biggest and most detailed technical board anywhere, that's its 'brand', if you like
<<

john k. endrizzi

Post Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:20 am

45Brit,
My apologies. I've been taken to task for being a little to edgy with my comments on his posts. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: My cautionary remark was somewhat tongue in cheek! For what it's worth I agree with you.
JKE
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
<<

45Brit

Post Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:44 am

have to get up earlier than that to offend me.... actually I've got some that keep my knees warm, they are called 'long trousers' and are quite popular, I believe. I can only assume that America has yet to discover the joys of the humble wellie, which dictates that you wear either shorts above the knee ( the famous "builder's tan", a tanned band round your legs from mid-thigh to the mid-calf bald strip where the rolled-over tops rub the hairs off ) or long enough to tuck in your boots and stay there
<<

Plumber

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:13 am

I have two pair in size 32. New. Wide watch pocket. Triple stitched. No hammer loop. Cell phone slash pocket. Deep rear patch pockets. You can easily put your hands in the front pockets. OEM bottom hem-stitch. Buy these two pair at my cost. I like 'em.
ImageImage
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
And there's also "Plumber's Shortz" from Dickies®. These were cut-down from #19-288SDD "Carpenter Jeans". The hammer loop was removed. A useless D-ring over the watch pocket was removed. 17" inseam on these. No hammer loop that would pull a working man into a combine or shop machinery. Hammer loops are stoopid. Carpenters don't even use them. Try walking around with a hammer in a loop..break yer leg. :? )
you'll-never-see-men's-knees-again ~ jimi hendrix
Last edited by Plumber on Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:42 pm, edited 15 times in total.
<<

45Brit

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:15 am

spare us the pic at least..... do they have authentic 'builder's bum' ?

Return to Shoot The Bull