Board index Flathead Power- General Announcements and Various Subjects Shoot The Bull D-port Directory?

D-port Directory?

Use this forum for general conversation amongst yourselves when you don't have anything better to do. We like gossip! Try to keep the technical out of it.

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

Post Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:58 am

Doh! Davenport looms before us!

Since its a huge Meet, and time gets limited. it would help us all connect if we compiled a listing of Forum member's booths.

(Put Liberty at the bottom as always at W-2, by the Race Gate.)

Thanks to all,

...Cotten

Post Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:23 am

Sorry for jumping in here...
I don't have a booth... but I hope to visit every single booth there. This is my first time attending any AMCA event and I'm pretty pumped. There aren't many old bikes here in the east coast of Canada. I've only ever seen two running Knuckles, one running flathead (mine), 3 or 4 forty-fives (2 of which were mine), and maybe a couple of Indians.

I'll be leaving in the morning for what MapQuest says is a 27 hour drive to Davenport. Unfortunately I won't be taking a bike... at least not this year. I'll probably spend a day visiting the museum in Anamosa and make the return trip through Bloomsburg, PA to visit Bill"s Custom Cycle and Bike Barn. Is there anything else I should see along the way?

Jim

Whoohoo!!!

Post Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:26 pm

Take a camera. 8) We've never seen the true grit of Davenport, Iowa.
Wear a white t-shirt and write flatheadpower.com across is in felt tip pen. Make some friends. Find free-internet access at a Starbucks's (or walk around a neighborhood with your iBook and search out someone's free signal from their computer like I did in Big Bear by accident. Works !). Send us on the spot pics if possible.
On the way back, stop at Bill's Cycle and show us his Glide fork re-bushing station and have a good trip.

Post Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:28 pm

Davenport is like Disneyland for the Church of the Relic Rider. I'm planning on going unless some major catastrophe rears it's ugly head. It makes for a long day or two or three to see all the booths.

The head of Flathead Power division of S&S Cycle, Charlie Hadayia, is going to be roaming the grounds on, at least, Thursday and Friday. He'll be wearing an S&S Staff shirt. I've been told that he'd like to meet the people from this board and put a face with the names. If you run into him, make sure and mention the FHP tech board. It's a good chance to let your opinions known to the management of this company.

Hope to see ya'll there!
Curt!

Post Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:14 pm

there will be a meeting of us panhead types accross from cotten's booth at noon on friday.

be there if you can!

page 2 of this thread shows a map of the proposed meeting spot.

http://www.hydra-glide.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1232&start=15

john

Post Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:40 pm

Just for a refresher, here's my travelogue from my trip in 2004 to Davenport.

http://www.kansasbikers.us/RoadTrips/Da ... vprt04.htm

John.
Our estimated time of arrival will be noon Friday. Will try to make it if possible, but I don't really hang out on the hydra-glide site much. We should schedule a FHP eyeball sometime that weekend. Maybe they'll give us a reserved table at the banquet. :lol:
Curt!

Post Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:57 am

[quote="Plumber"]Take a camera. 8) We've never seen the true grit of Davenport, Iowa.

What do you mean "WE"? Get off your ass and go to some of these meets and quit your constant crying about wanting to see someone elses pictures.

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:51 am

I'll be there in spaces P3, P4 & P5 near the exposition building. Black motorhome with a black trailer. We'll have a 1936 Indian racer and a 1929 H-D racer out front. We'll have plenty of shade, chairs and cold refreshments.
Curt! Be sure to stop by.
Chris, are you going again this year?

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:09 pm
Pa Site Admin

With all the arrangements to be made yet, I won't be making it this year fellas. My Dear Mother passed on a few moments ago. She's with Pop now. :cry: Pa

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:13 pm

So Sorry to hear that, pa. My sincerest condolences to you and your family. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.
Curt!

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:09 pm

Paul,
You & your family have my condolences. May your mother rest with your father in peace.
John

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:05 pm

Pa,
I couldn't have heard worse news. Jeanne & I send our condolences and hope and and your family find peace in knowing that she has moved on to a better place. :cry:

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:41 pm

Pa,
May peace be with her.

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:50 pm
Pa Site Admin

Curt. John, Johnny, Chris, all of you...........I am one blessed individual. I thank you my Friends ! Pa

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:10 pm

my condolences, sorry for your loss.

john

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:31 pm

Pa,

My wife Josefa and I send to you and yours our deepest condolonces.

George and Josefa Greer
Markt Einersheim Germany

Post Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:53 am

my prayers are also with you and family pa.

Post Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:42 am

I'm very, very sorry for your loss, Paul.

Jim (in Lansing, MI)

Post Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:47 am

Paul, we are very sorry to hear of your loss, our deepest condolences to you and your family. G :(

Post Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:11 am

Paul,

We are all greatly saddened by your news.

We shall do our best to bring the Meet to you!

..Cotten

Next

Return to Shoot The Bull