Board index Flathead Power- General Announcements and Various Subjects Shoot The Bull sad news regarding xlr

sad news regarding xlr

Use this forum for general conversation amongst yourselves when you don't have anything better to do. We like gossip! Try to keep the technical out of it.

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

Post Mon May 07, 2007 11:10 am

I was informed this sunday at the Tulare Ca vintage races of the death of one of our true racing legends and friend and member of this forum and others.Known as xlr here his name is Jim Carpenter and he was a true racing legend.He used the handle xlr in part because when the HD factory first produced them they gave one to Jim for his many contributions to racing in his riding and wrenching abilities.Jim was still working up to the end of his life on his many projects.He was an great machinest and bike builder and activily helped out many people including me.Jim gave what he learned freely to all those that asked.One of his best freinds and rider once told me "Yes Jim may not always be right but he is never in doubt".
Gods Speed Jim

Pa not sure if this could be posted in the general area or not but I would like to get the word out

Post Mon May 07, 2007 12:28 pm
Pa Site Admin

Post it anywhere you want Zooma. I never met the Man but I admired his knowledge and his free giving of it. My sincere condolences to his Family and Friends. :( Pa

Post Mon May 07, 2007 2:11 pm

The passing of one of our fraternity is always a sad event. Rest In Peace Jim.

Post Mon May 07, 2007 8:09 pm

Sad to hear that..

Please pass along the condolonces from the Greer family, George and Josefa..

George in Germany

Post Mon May 07, 2007 8:34 pm

My condolences also. I thought this had been announced previously, so o checked the archives. ... hlight=xlr

Return to Shoot The Bull