Board index Flathead Power- General Announcements and Various Subjects Shoot The Bull a NooB introduction

a NooB introduction

Use this forum for general conversation amongst yourselves when you don't have anything better to do. We like gossip! Try to keep the technical out of it.
Post Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:33 am

hey there folks, thought i'd post to say hi and put up a bit of an intro that i sent to Doug yesterday. i'll be hanging around the Knucklehead area mainly so please help a noobie to learn.

I've been interested in bikes and muscle cars for as long as i can remember. I've enjoyed the restoration of several muscle cars (mainly Mopar) the know-how for which was acquired from my father. I also grew up around a number of the bikers in central KY, drooling over their rides and dreaming of the day I could build my own.

Fast forward to today and I find myself living in Japan with a new family. The day of building my dream bike is drawing near. In fact, I am now planning the project out. I know it's going to be Knucklehead powered, but sadly my knowledge of Knuckles is fairly limited. I look forward to learning the Knucklehead powerplant inside and out, and to that end, I've been reading and gathering all the information I can get my eyeballs on. Unfortunately, there just isn't that much information available about the Knucklehead engine, much less about performance modifications/modernizations to the engine. Imagine my pleasure when I ran across your forum! I've spent the majority of the last 2 days reading almost every post in the Knucklehead section. I've gained a lot of information I may have never encountered otherwise.

i know i'm bound to ask a lot of stupid questions, but i'll learn fast and give back in whatever way i can. look forward to speaking with you all.

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Post Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:20 am

Welcome Dan, You have chosen a worthy motorcycle for your attentions. I love them all, but if I had to have one, it would be a knuck.

Post Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:27 am
44u

Welcome to the best of both words; Harley Davidson and Mopar. 8)

Post Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:44 am
Pa Site Admin

Welcome aboard Dan. Best forum on the planet where info is given freely. Best group of Bros' here also ! Pa

Mopar ????? I thought that was "Need Mo Power" ? :wink: Or was that " V All Power" ? V All Get Out And Push !! :lol: :lol:

Post Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:51 pm

Don't be embarrassed about asking anything regarding old HDs. Someone hanging out here knows the answer.
New Knuckleheads? Thank, you, Jesus!!

Post Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:48 pm

thanks for the warm welcome guys!!!

Pa, i guess it depends on who's building it, LOL. i HAVE pushed a couple of times to be sure. :lol:

it seems like i'm in good company, thanks for everything in advance!

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Return to Shoot The Bull