FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

a NooB introduction

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

budoka

Post Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:33 am

a NooB introduction

hey there folks, thought i'd post to say hi and put up a bit of an intro that i sent to Doug yesterday. i'll be hanging around the Knucklehead area mainly so please help a noobie to learn.

I've been interested in bikes and muscle cars for as long as i can remember. I've enjoyed the restoration of several muscle cars (mainly Mopar) the know-how for which was acquired from my father. I also grew up around a number of the bikers in central KY, drooling over their rides and dreaming of the day I could build my own.

Fast forward to today and I find myself living in Japan with a new family. The day of building my dream bike is drawing near. In fact, I am now planning the project out. I know it's going to be Knucklehead powered, but sadly my knowledge of Knuckles is fairly limited. I look forward to learning the Knucklehead powerplant inside and out, and to that end, I've been reading and gathering all the information I can get my eyeballs on. Unfortunately, there just isn't that much information available about the Knucklehead engine, much less about performance modifications/modernizations to the engine. Imagine my pleasure when I ran across your forum! I've spent the majority of the last 2 days reading almost every post in the Knucklehead section. I've gained a lot of information I may have never encountered otherwise.

i know i'm bound to ask a lot of stupid questions, but i'll learn fast and give back in whatever way i can. look forward to speaking with you all.

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
<<

amklyde

Post Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:20 am

Welcome Dan, You have chosen a worthy motorcycle for your attentions. I love them all, but if I had to have one, it would be a knuck.
<<

44u

Post Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:27 am

Welcome to the best of both words; Harley Davidson and Mopar. 8)
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:44 am

Welcome aboard Dan. Best forum on the planet where info is given freely. Best group of Bros' here also ! Pa

Mopar ????? I thought that was "Need Mo Power" ? :wink: Or was that " V All Power" ? V All Get Out And Push !! :lol: :lol:
<<

krazy loop

Post Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:51 pm

Don't be embarrassed about asking anything regarding old HDs. Someone hanging out here knows the answer.
New Knuckleheads? Thank, you, Jesus!!
<<

budoka

Post Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:48 pm

thanks for the warm welcome guys!!!

Pa, i guess it depends on who's building it, LOL. i HAVE pushed a couple of times to be sure. :lol:

it seems like i'm in good company, thanks for everything in advance!

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Return to Shoot The Bull