Post Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:12 am

Congradulations Rat !!!!

August 7th, 2006
Dawn Walls, editor
Air Force Sergeant Wins Motorcycle at Fair

This rare Harley-Davidson was won by Robert A. Talenti, a U.S. Air Force sergeant, Saturday at the Clearfield County Fair. Talenti is currently stationed in Norway. (Photo provided by Lawrence Township Fire Co. No. 1)

CLEARFIELD - Sometimes when you're looking for something, it can't be found. That rare coin, a special gift for someone close. Sometimes, though, luck is on your side.

That is exactly what happened for U.S. Air Force Sgt. Robert A. Talenti of Irwin when his name was drawn for Lawrence Township Fire Co. No. 1's motorcycle drawing Saturday night.

The fire company chanced off a 1993 90th anniversary Heritage Classic Nostalgia "MooGlide" or "CowGlide" Harley-Davidson. Out of the approximately 1,700 tickets sold, Talenti's ticket was the one plucked from the bin during the 11 p.m. drawing.

Talenti's father, Alan, told Mike Errigo, president of Lawrence Township Fire Co. No. 1 that his son has been searching for a 90th anniversary Harley-Davidson for quite some time.

In fact, the younger Talenti is something of a motorcycle enthusiast and owns another Harley-Davidson.

The fire company is in the process of making arrangements to officially award the bike to Talenti, currently stationed in Norway.

Fact is...My good buddy Rat owns three Harleys now. The article made a mistake in the number of HD's he has. His pride and joy is a 37 Big Twin Flatty he is restoring to it's original glory. I can proudly state the I influenced him into this restoration project. He originally wanted to bob it out. I am so happy for him. I got to get him to send me a slice of his luck. He has been wanting one of these models for quite sometime now. :D Pa