Board index Flathead Power- General Announcements and Various Subjects Shoot The Bull Polaris Indians

Polaris Indians

Use this forum for general conversation amongst yourselves when you don't have anything better to do. We like gossip! Try to keep the technical out of it.

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

Post Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:34 am

just been reading various things on the interweb about the new Polaris machines.

They certainly look interesting and I do like the styling of the engine. I'm less enamoured of the styling of the bike overall, the ergonomics look "wrong" to me - the whole modern "low seat, high footboards, pullback handlebars" proportions seems somehow not right, along with the ever-longer wheelbases; perhaps it's just me?

I'd have liked to see a modern Scout. I know someone who has a Kawasaki Drifter, the 800cc one, and apart from some slightly "blobby" styling it is a tidy bike and very good to ride. Still, there it is.

I'd ignored the various S&S powered machines on the basis that they really weren't Indians in any meaningful sense of the term. However, these new bikes aren't AM Harley clones with minor styling changes; they aren't Matchlesses or Royal Enfields, either.

What do people think?
Shoot, a man could have a good weekend in Dallas with all that stuff...

Post Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:42 am

I've just seen a very cheesy film on YouTube with the new engine in a streamlined shell and much okay of the "spirit of Munro". Sorry, no. Burt Munro was above all a racer, get out there and race or don't mention it. Especially since I greatly doubt any money has changed hands for the use of the name?
Shoot, a man could have a good weekend in Dallas with all that stuff...

Return to Shoot The Bull