Board index Flathead Power- General Announcements and Various Subjects Shoot The Bull EdwardTurner and 1920s photoshop....

EdwardTurner and 1920s photoshop....

Use this forum for general conversation amongst yourselves when you don't have anything better to do. We like gossip! Try to keep the technical out of it.

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

Post Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:19 pm

having strayed onto a hobby-horse of mine, Edward Turner's later work, I'm reminded that he was also the brains ( if such is the word ) behind the truly dreadful BSA Beagle ... rc0562.htm

considering that this is the man who laid out the Ariel Square 4 and the Triumph Speed Twin, I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

actually, it's laugh, if only for the sake of the truly dreadful picture about half-way down that article, allegedly at the 1922 Earl's Court show.. where's photoshop when you need it... :shock:
Shoot, a man could have a good weekend in Dallas with all that stuff...

Post Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:58 pm
Pa Site Admin

Do you mean the baby carriage ? I think the idea should have took off during that era.

Post Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:41 pm

I was more thinking about the obvious fact that it is a combination of two unrelated pictures - a photogravure of the actual supposed machine and a photograph of the Royal party; even by the elastic standards of 1920s advertising it's a beauty.
Shoot, a man could have a good weekend in Dallas with all that stuff...

Return to Shoot The Bull