FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Festival of 1,000 Bikes, Great Britain

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

Kev UK

Post Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:19 pm

Festival of 1,000 Bikes, Great Britain

A few shots of an event organised by the Vintage Motor Cycle Club at Mallory Park, a racing circuit in Leicestershire, England.

We had a nice little "mini-meet" of FHP board members as Patrick (French Owl) and myself were manning the Harley-Davidson Riders Club GB stand, and 45 Brit came along on the Saturday to introduce himself and have a chat.

My old WLC managed a 500 mile round trip, and five laps of the circuit, without much more trouble than an oiled plug in city traffic on the way, and the loss of a clutch arm retaining screw two miles from home. Patrick naturally went round the circuit a bit quicker and managed to pass me on the final lap!

And here's one of our club's stand; we won the trophy for "Best club display" so I can truthfully report the headline, "HARLEYS WIN AT MALLORY PARK RACES"!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

72 Ironhead, goes better than it stops!

42(?)WLC

2005 XL1200R.... well ya gotta have a rat-bike!
<<

Chris Haynes

Post Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:30 pm

Re: Festival of 1,000 Bikes, Great Britain

Kev UK wrote:Image

Ninety nine bottles of beer on the wall, ninety nine bottles of beer, if one bottle happens to fall, ninety eight bottles of beer on the wall, ninety eight bottles of beer on the wall, ninety eight bottles of beer, If one bottle happens to fall ninety seven bottles of beer on the wall. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:14 pm

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME !!!! All around AWESOME ! :D Pa
<<

45Brit

Post Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:32 pm

saw Patrick's bike on the track, sounded very good.. I did like that blue-and-white panhead, too

Sounds like you had a better Sunday than me, No 1 Son seized an engine in the grasstrack.. it only had two meetings on it after being changed in the paddock two weeks ago after he seized the previous engine!! He had a bit of a roll on the floor but seems none the worse for it; bike is a bit bent though. Came away with a bargain though, bought a bike in the paddock and had a lot of fun so we are all square I reckon.

here he is, the right way up on my 350 JAP.. i raced this bike in the early 70s, now he has it when I'm in an EXCEPTIONALLY good mood

Shoot, a man could have a good weekend in Dallas with all that stuff...

Return to Shoot The Bull