FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New? Member Intro

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

D.WIND

Post Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:58 am

New? Member Intro

An introduction may be in order since I just re-registered after being off the board for several years. Was registered long before the S&S era, but slipped off due to some technical glitch and never signed back up. I’ve been a steady lurker though, and the members of this board always provide high quality grease for the mental wheels. I live on the North Coast of California and I’ve been riding and wrenching on flatheads since my brother gave me a basket case 39WLD in 1976. I’ve had a couple of U series bikes in the past, but I always come back to the 45s.
I currently own and ride a 41WL that is stock and mostly original, and a 68GE that I built two winters back from a lot of different bits and pieces I’d acquired over the years. It looks more like a late 40s-early 50s machine with springer and steel box, but it’s got that push-button start. It also has T&O wheels and a Mikuni and various other mods so it has some hope of lugging all that weight to a respectable speed. It’s my wife’s bike. I built her a solo years ago and she dropped it the first time she threw her leg over it. Won’t go near one since then but she does love trikes.
I’ve been collecting parts and pieces to build a light, lean Brit box solo with a stroker motor just to see if I can make one run with the big boys. So . . . . if you all don’t mind I will ask for your seasoned advice when something puzzles me and just generally share the experience. Thanks to Host, Moderators and members for this great forum. Dana.
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:52 pm

Re: New? Member Intro

Welcome aboard Dana. Pa

Return to Shoot The Bull