FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Paypal

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

Kurt

Post Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:29 am

Paypal

Has anyone had any issues with Paypal the last week or so?

I had a payment go out to a gentleman in Germany for over $120.00 yesterday morning without me doing anything and then had a guy whom I've never done business with transfer over $14.00 into my Paypal account. He's pissed and sends me a threatening e-mail......whatever.......I'm letting Paypal handle it.

If you haven't checked you accounts, you may want to check to make sure everything is okay and may want to change your password.

Kurt
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:26 am

Re: Paypal

No problems for me Kurt but I appreciate the heads up.

I personally recommend no one enter into their paypal accounts via their email addresses. In other words, don't link to your paypal account via the emails paypal sends to you when you receive a payment via paypal, nor when you receive an invoice to make payment via paypal. Go directly to your account at paypal, via a new browser window. Sign out of your email account before you go there also. It is a good idea to delete all cookies before signing into your paypal account as well. Pa
<<

Chris Haynes

Post Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:20 am

My bitch with Pay Pal is they won't let you have your money when you want it. They will only allow you to withdraw $400.00 a day from an ATM. This is BS. It is my money, not theirs. :evil:
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:59 am

I don't like the long wait when transferring funds to the bank either. When they remove funds from my bank, it only takes seconds. When I send money to my bank, it takes days ! :evil: I suspect they sit on it for the interest earnings. Heck...it's electronic tranferring !! Not snail mail ! See there Chris....you got me thinkin and now my dander is up. :lol: :wink: Pa
<<

Curt!

Post Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:09 pm

I just checked my account and didn't see anything out of place. I've been getting a ton of "We've found discrepancies in your paypal account, log in to this link to verify your information." I can't feature anyone being dumb enough to hit the link.
I rarely use paypal anymore because of the high fees and number of problems you run into by using them.
As an aside...... I got a notice from the state that all of my purchases and sales for the last 3 years are being audited for "failure to pay all sales taxes due" I'm not sure if they are looking at my paypal/ ebay account or what, but they alluded to some information they have received about my failure to pay proper sales tax. They seem to think I'm guilty of something. After 3 weeks of auditing my own accounts I've come to the conclusion that I may owe them 48.00. They are going to send an auditor 300 miles to collect 48 bucks????? Our tax dollars at work. I can just feel a major screwing coming my way.
Curt!
<<

Psycobilly

Post Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:24 am

Paypal BLOWS! I quit using them when they held my money. As far as the banking goes, I use Provident community Bank. If there is a branch in your community use them. I can go down to the local office and deposit, and when I get back (5 Minutes) my money is in my account. They are instant with their transactions.
<<

Kurt

Post Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:33 am

Well, it looks like someone (a third party) got into my account. At least that's what the investigation report they sent me said. Then they locked down my account and I had to jump through hoops to get it open again. I'd drop them in a second, but I honestly do more transactions with Paypal than credit cards.
<<

Curt!

Post Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:49 am

Kurt
I agree. They are a necessary evil. When I did business overseas, the preferred payment method was paypal. The fees were quite a bit less than banks over there charge. There is a certain amount of security, and it's fairly easy to use.
There are tons of stories about them freezing accounts over BS claims, or for no reason at all.
Curt!
<<

Kurt

Post Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:55 am

You're right Curt, if it weren't for Paypal, overseas transactions would be very difficult........and honestly, I pay almost the same % rate for a credit card that I have to hand process as Paypal charges. I only get the good CC rate if the customer is doing a point of sale transaction in my showroom where he can swipe the card.

Return to Shoot The Bull