FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Need Help Identifying This Differential

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:53 am

Need Help Identifying This Differential

My best guess is it is a 1934-36 only Servi-Car differential because of the pumpkin band brake next to the rear sprocket, or is this what they call an axle lock for slightly later models ? If it is a 1934-36 assembly, and if what I call a pumpkin band brake is actually a rear brake, were there no other rear brakes [wheel brakes/drums] on this model ? Thanks, Pa

<<

BREWSKI

Post Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:15 am

PA,yes that is the early rearend,IDK what the difference is between''32-'34 to '34-'36. Since you have the correct parts book maybe you can tell us!. Thanks again on sending me the parts #'s I needed. There was no other brake except the internal one on the early rearends,'37 was the first year for 2 brakes on the rearends. Supposedly VL rear brake parts will interchange with the rearend you have,I was told that by someone who cllaims to know;we know how that goes! Hope this helps. BREWSKI
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:21 pm

Brewski, Thanks Bro !! I am just learning these relic trikes myself and this brake freaked me out. None on the wheels is something else. It reminds me of my lawn tractors. :lol: I will look into those differences between the really early and early Servi-Car rear ends for you. There has got to be something different between them. I am not sure what it is though because my parts books cram to many years all together on the pages and sorting through them is a trip. This setup is a halfbreed and another half. It has a 41 and up gear box in it. I am glad the tech info I sent you helped you out. If it wasn't for Bro's doing the same thing for me, I'd be lost !!!! :D Pa
<<

BREWSKI

Post Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:15 pm

Pa,if you ever split the housing on that rearend I would love to know what the I.D. is of the housing is ,especially the sprocket side of the housing,would like to know if one of my 41-T sprockets would fit. I had a chance to buy a early rearend at DAVENPORT years ago,$200.00 wheels include,unfortunately I didn't have the Deniro and was on my way to Springfield for the races. BREWSKI

Return to Servi-Cars