FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Any idea what a KR is worth?

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

slindo

Post Tue May 27, 2008 4:46 pm

Any idea what a KR is worth?

I've been spending thousands getting the parts together for my basket case KR, and it occured to me, I don't have a clue what it might be worth once I get it together.

Anyone have any rough idea what a early KR or KRTT might be worth, in running but not immaculate or ready-to-race condition?
<<

45Brit

Post Tue May 27, 2008 10:43 pm

Re: Any idea what a KR is worth?

depends, varies widely. Is it a dirt-track one or a road-racer? What is inside it? Presumably you have no provenance for it, which can make a big difference in the value.
Shoot, a man could have a good weekend in Dallas with all that stuff...
<<

RUBONE

Post Wed May 28, 2008 6:43 pm

Better quit now! If you start thinking in terms of value then there will always be a compromise. Should I go for the factory race brakes, or are modified Sportster ok? You know, that kind of thing. I say build what you like and forget the value. Unless it's to be a trailer queen or museum bike in which case this is lost on you.
Robbie
<<

slindo

Post Thu May 29, 2008 6:00 pm

Good point. I usually hate getting putting prices on things I like. If my bikes were all worth exactly what I paid for them ($350, $850, and 50 silk screened T-shirts to be exact) I'd be a happy man, since while it would mean my estate would be a few dollars less, it would also mean that such machines would still be in the price range of riders young enough to still get some thrills out of them, not collectors. But all the same, I haven't the slightest inlking of a clue what a KR is worth - I mean, whether $200, $2000, $20,000 or $200,00 - and it would help me make decisions (like $50 sporty brakes or $800 factory race) if I had at least had a ball park figure.

RUBONE wrote:Better quit now! If you start thinking in terms of value then there will always be a compromise. Should I go for the factory race brakes, or are modified Sportster ok? You know, that kind of thing. I say build what you like and forget the value. Unless it's to be a trailer queen or museum bike in which case this is lost on you.
Robbie
<<

thefrenchowl

Post Fri May 30, 2008 11:04 am

!!! Good luck if you can find factory brakes for$ 800!!!

Patrick

Return to K-Models