FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

52-53 K fender flare

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

44dwarf

Post Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:43 am

52-53 K fender flare

Anyone know of a drawing or detailed picture of the k model front fender flare? My 52 has a 54 and up fender. I've got time, and tools to fab the flare and weld it to another fender but no details on width angles ect.

I'd even love to find a bent rusted beat to crap OEM fender to pattern off.
I hear hummer frenders are the same can't find one of those either

Thanks
"Smok'in the competition NOT Tobacco"
"Transplant organs, Don't bury them!"
Why dwarf? 5/8 scale race cars! http://www.dwarfcarracing.com
<<

JIm

Post Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:28 am

Go here and have look. http://www.harleyhummer.com/photos1.html They are Hummers but the front fender is real close to a K model. Some differences are, might have the wrong arc in the fender if it is for an 18" wheel if the Hummer used that but is easily fixed, the raised bead on the 4 stiffening braces might not go all the way up to the fender as they do on the K model, the center braces needs to be shortened or changed. Both can be easily fixed. Hell you might be able to find a Hummer fender somewhere for less than a K model. I used one on my 52 K model and no one ever figured it out and that includes AMCA judges. I had to change the arc, can't remember what I did to the center braces and make the raised beads go up to the fender.

Jim
<<

thefrenchowl

Post Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:04 pm

Hi Dwarf,

The K and Hummer fenders are one and the same stamping. Only differences between them are the braces which are not fixed in the same position.

Hummer fender:

Patrick

Return to K-Models