FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

K model pistons

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

37ULH

Post Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:32 am

K model pistons

Could someone help me with a source for K pistons with narrow compression rings unlike Easterns?
Thanks.
<<

Barry55KH

Post Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:10 am

I just found some that were left over from Eastern when Gil had them made correctly. He has since made them all with 45 style ring groves. He should have gone the other way.

I got mine though Kirk at Sporty Specialties 714-879-0500, and then with the surprise that they were the correct ones had him find me some the next size up for my parts shelf. He was able to find those too, from a different supplier.

I bought Total Seal Rings for them, but was surprised that they came with one piece compression rings, like originals. They use to supply them with Hastings 3 piece oil control rings, which I felt worked better. I have not decided if I will order separate oil control, or will just use the one piece ones.

Good Luck!

PS it would not hurt for a few more call to go to Gil at Eastern MC parts to let him know we would like the correct groves. 803-284-3304. Gil does deserve a lot of credit for many of the other parts he has produced for us old iron guys....

Barry55KH

Return to K-Models