FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

KH speedo

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

peetu

Post Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:57 pm

KH speedo

I'm still looking for a speedo for my -56 KH. Does anyone have an idea from where to get one?
I,m also interested to buy an original buddyseat.
<<

Barry55KH

Post Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:08 pm

I have seen the buddy seat foot pegs, NOS, on EBay in the last few days. Buddy Seats are not that hard, but speedos are a different story. You may have to buy one on EBay, and then have it repaired. I had mine repaired once, 15 years ago, and it last all of a year. It never read right, and became a distraction with it bouncing up and down. My inner-cable has been broken for a few years now, but I am just about to fix that so that the odometer works, as I brake in my rebuilt engine. I just go with the flow of traffic, and take it easy on side streets. I have changed the gearing to Sportster gearing now, with a 34 tooth front engine sprocket, so I will have to learn it all over again.

I have been pulled over for speeding, and when the cop asked how fast I was going I just said, "I don't know, my speedometer is broken." I told him I could no longer get parts for the 40 year old, at the time, speedo. He took a double take at the bike, and just said, "nice bike, but take it easier around town" and walked off to his car.

I have given up on the speedo thing; they are much to rich for my blood at this point.

Good luck on your quest!

Barry55KH
<<

stroker45

Post Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:24 pm

E-mail me if you are looking for the old trianglar shaped K and early sportster seat.

Return to K-Models