FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

52K 6 Volt Generator

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

Nick55KH

Post Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:39 am

52K 6 Volt Generator

Hiya guys,
think I'm up for a new generator, mines marked 52K... what's the best 6 volt deal I can get and from where in the US?

Thanks, Nick.
<<

44dwarf

Post Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:42 am

Re: 52K 6 Volt Generator

I rebuilt my 52k with all new parts from NOS parts and a regulator from Antique cycle. Works great to bad it was not my problem it was a new but faulty gell cell battery.....
DOH!!!!!!
:oops:

"Smok'in the competition NOT Tobacco"
"Transplant organs, Don't bury them!"
Why dwarf? 5/8 scale race cars! http://www.dwarfcarracing.com
<<

Nick55KH

Post Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:58 pm

Hiya 44,
I've also just replaced my battery – using a sealed type... the same battery runs fine on my 45"... was your problem a charging problem? I basically just removed the generator to remove the front cylinder, then once finished I put it back on now for some reason we can't get a charge out of the generator??? Red light stays on? Did you growler test your original genny or just set out on the rebuild path?

Best, Nick.
<<

44dwarf

Post Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:21 pm

No growler...had one it smoked last time i tried to use it....
Used a megger to check for insulatoin shorts it was fine.
Did you flash the feilds after rewireing it up?

Mine had sat 10 or so years before i got it. Fired it up off a 6volt square lattern battery before handing over the $$.
Got it home and 1st thing i got was a gell cell battery for it. i noted riding it would pop and fart some times and figured it was just how the old buzzard ran. Decided to take it to work to show off and whent to go fill it up the night before and it would not go over 25mph with out poping and stalling. Got it home and it ran fine the next day but any time i put the light on it would not run well..
Spent $$ rebuilding the gen and still same problem....Everyone said check the battery so i finaly did and if you wiggled / shook it it would drop to 3v but any load on it it would drop.

So now i've got a way to tall acid battery in it and when it dies I'll get the OEM hight battery off e-bay for $65.

"Smok'in the competition NOT Tobacco"
"Transplant organs, Don't bury them!"
Why dwarf? 5/8 scale race cars! http://www.dwarfcarracing.com

Return to K-Models