FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

head bolts k model vs kh

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

jib

Post Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:43 am

head bolts k model vs kh

hi guys whats the difference between the k model headbolts and the kh, been mocking up the wl/k and as the stroker idea is on the back burner for the time being, am using my k barrels not the kh ones, id bought the bolts for the kh along time ago and they seem to fit purfectly in the k barrels but ,colony list differnt bolts for52/53 k and 54 up kh ......?
regards jib .
p.s. have noticed that the k barrels have the fins ground off on the mag side a small amount on the rear cyl,and but all but the top three fins on the front one as if clearancing for a large verical mag . looks factory ,is this normal?
Dude, check out that jibhead, he's crazy. Hasn't been sober for 40 years
<<

ramjet

Post Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:08 am

Re: head bolts k model vs kh

Hi jib,
I don't know what Colony does with thier bolts, but the factory used the same bolts on K heads and KH heads. No difference.
There is a magneto, called Wico, that some guys used instead of a Faibanks Morse. The Wico is very tall and required the fins be cut like you are talking about.
Not factory. The head bolts, use the ones you have, no prob. The fins, I have seen quite a few cut that way. Hope this helps you.
<<

jib

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:13 am

Re: head bolts k model vs kh

hey ramjet,bolts just arrived and guess what ..... they look the same. doh,jib
Dude, check out that jibhead, he's crazy. Hasn't been sober for 40 years

Return to K-Models