FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

She Lives!

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

Tim 435

Post Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:01 am

Re: She Lives!

Photo on page 2 under ( 53 K bobbed ), will be a runner soon as I get the M53A1 sorted out :wink:
Vintage roadracing, Class C, AHRMA # 335
<<

Barry55KH

Post Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:18 am

Well, after a winter sitting with an empty oil and gas tank, after I put the 55KH in the Seattle Motorcycle Show's Vintage Motorcycle Enthusiasts Club display, I got out and fired her up again. Last fall I was pretty pleased that it was eating far lest oil than it had been before. We put a restrictor in the pinion shaft to restrict oil to the bottom end. This seems to have worked well! No it eats no noticeable oil, though it still has power, it is not the rocket ship it was when I first started out. Oh Well! It runs and it does not eat oil, so I am a happy camper for sure! Still tweeking the carb to see if I can get things sorted out, but the plugs look good front and back!

I did notice on pictures of the KHK cases that I had bid on on Ebay the other day, and lost by $10.00, that there are drain holes into the cases from the tapets. Is this normal for all years of KH, or is this part of the problem with '55 KH and KHK over oiling? I have tried to atatch a picture, and if it works you will see the four holes at the top of the case. Are these the drains for the tapet oiling?

The KH eats so little oil now, and the oil is so clean, I keep having a feeling that something is very much wrong with it. Now if I could just have it run like the raped ape that it seemed to when I first put it together, I would be way to happy!
Best Regards,
Barry55KH
Seattle
<<

thefrenchowl

Post Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:29 pm

Hi Barry,

Yes, KH tappets guides have the hole, drilled at an angle towards the center of the crankcase.

I run WL tappet guides in mine, no hole in them but there's still plenty of oil cooling the springs from the vertical groove in the guide!!!

Patrick
Previous

Return to K-Models