Board index Flathead Power-Technical Questions, Answers, and Suggestions Morthodites-"Non Factory" 45 Custom

45 Custom

Built something weird, one-off or want to? Ask or tell us about it here.

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

Post Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:01 am

Hello,

I am out of my element here but I have a chance to buy the HD pictured here. I am more of an original type but this seems interesting. It has a 45 engine & 6 speed transmission. It is reported to be well done & no expense was spared in building it.

Any ideas on what it would ride like or its range of value would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Jack
Attachments
imagejpeg_4.jpg
imagejpeg_4.jpg (88.49 KiB) Viewed 568 times
imagejpeg_2.jpg
imagejpeg_2.jpg (67.66 KiB) Viewed 568 times

Post Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:19 am
Pa Site Admin

Looks like a fun ride if traveling short distances. What gearbox is in it ?

Post Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:54 am

I do not know what the transmission is other than it is a 6 speed. Perhaps you can tell more from the attached picture.

This is one of those sales that takes place early in a nasty divorce. I first need to know whether I want the bike & a rough value before I go to see it. At that time it needs to involve a pocket full of cash, a truck & an immediate decision.

Jack
Attachments
imagejpeg_3.jpg
imagejpeg_3.jpg (66.91 KiB) Viewed 538 times

Post Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:49 pm
Pa Site Admin

Transmission reminds me of a modern Harley Davidson Big Twin. I hope others will chime in to accurately identify it. As far as value goes....it is only worth what you are willing to pay.

Post Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:23 pm

fun little thing, but restorational value is basically 0, and the modern parts if you wnat to get rid of it will be little money. New YES, but used its difficult. I agree that such a bike is worth what you are willingto pay for it. Engine if good could be worth between 1500 and 2500 dollars that means good condition, good numbers on the cases, good cases, not too chopped up inside. transmission I would not value to high, 1000 maybe, these things are plentyfull available I would think. if frame has legit numbers its also a 1000, tubeforks are not worth mentioning, fenders are cheap thesedays, so alltogether base value 4500 and then start counting the " fun factor" and long term saleability and maybe you can go up to 5 or 6 but that would be your choice.

This thing probably did cost a lot more to build and convert to the way it is.

Post Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:14 pm

Looks like Paughco frame that takes 45 motor and four speed tranny. Tranny is a four speed case with six into four gear set.

Post Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:58 pm

That is a lot of gear shifting to get from stopped to slow...... :mrgreen:

Post Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:59 am

Thank you all for the information. I think this creation would be better suited for someone other than me who is into customs.

Return to Morthodites-"Non Factory"