FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Need dimensions of Sporty motor oil passages

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

Frankenstein

Post Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:33 pm

Need dimensions of Sporty motor oil passages

Hi All, Need some info on the dimensions of the oil/ breather passage from the flywheel chamber to the oil pump breather tower. It's cast right into the case, so you'd probably have to look at a blown motor to find this out. If any of you've looked at the "Improved BTSV oil system" post I made, you can see it would be easy for me to get the dimension I'm looking for on a BTSV. I'm talking about the passage that starts at the scraper plate in the flywheel chamber, then makes a right angle turn and comes along the right side of the motor, below the timing chest. It terminates at the breather tower. I'm trying to see if there's any great difference between the size of this passage on a Sporty versus the BT80. I'm in the process of adding the sporty pump to my 80 and the thought struck me that maybe there is a great difference in size of this passage on Sporties vs. BTSV's. If anyone can help with the info, I'd sure appreciate it.
Dr. Dick
<<

exeterengine

Post Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:45 pm

Sporty oil passage

8) I've got a '76 on the bench, and the opening in the breather tower is 1.100" x .625" and has radiused ends. Looking down from the crank side it appears to be of equal size. Hope this helps.
exeterengine
<<

Frankenstein

Post Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:07 am

exeterengine, Thanks for the prompt reply. That sounds good. that sounds very close to what the BTSV has for dimensions. I appreciate the help.
Dr. Dick

Return to Sporties