FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

k,iron head,evo engine mounts

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

jib

Post Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:28 am

k,iron head,evo engine mounts

hi does anyone know if the rear mounting holes are the same spacing on the k model,iron head and evo sportys.thats the four bolts that go thru the back of the frame. also does any one know if a evo engine will fit an iron head frame using the same front brackets?..regards jib
<<

BREWSKI

Post Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:12 pm

The mount bolt pattern is the same on all,you can use a K-model mount on an EVO,which the lower mounts have a joggle to fit the cases. At some point in time H-D made a XL mount with just 2 holes in the rear down tubes. IDK if the new EVO's are the same,H-D might have changed it,at some point in time. 'A LITTLE KNOWLEDGE CAN BE A DANGEROUS THING" BREWSKI
<<

jib

Post Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:42 pm

hi ,which mounts are all the same? front or rear,regards jib
<<

BREWSKI

Post Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:22 pm

What was the question? I thought we were talking about the mounts you asked about. I don't recall saying about the front mounts except on the EVO's. "A LITTLE KNOWLEDGE CAN BE A DANGEROUS THING" BREWSKI The reason the front mounts on an Evo have the joggle is to accomodate the wider cases due to the bigger bore.
<<

jib

Post Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:10 pm

Re: k,iron head,evo engine mounts

[quote="jib"]1.hi does anyone know if the rear mounting holes are the same spacing on the k model,iron head and evo sportys.thats the four bolts that go thru the back of the frame.
this question brewski,thanks jib.
the other question i think you answed i just didnt realise until your 2nd post, cheers..
<<

BREWSKI

Post Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:10 pm

Actually there is a correction,Yes all the mounts have the same 4 holes tru the rear down tubes,the 2 hole mount I was talking about uses 2 holes instead of 4 in the top of the cases,this was possibly due to electric start. Also although I have never seen one the EVO mount probably don't have the kick starter shaft hole in them. My personal favorite is the K-model,900cc ones,cast iron and don't break. I always keep 4 or 5 on hand. BREWSKI

Return to Sporties