FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Rivera Primo Pro-Clutch On Sale @ J&P

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

Plumber

Post Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:08 pm

Rivera Primo Pro-Clutch On Sale @ J&P

Speaking of belt drives I see in the new JP catalog Rivera is offering 1 1/2 belt drive setup which also includes the Pro-Clutch for about $???, that's only about $?? for the clutch, sounds like a good deal. Mike

That is a good deal. Works in stock chain primary hubs, or use a Rivera belt clutch hub. Cures all the shell wobble problems with one assembly.
The clutch is pre-adjusted at the factory. No worries.
The 2 sizes of assorted shims (not shown) are only used after significant mileage. They don't want the diaphragm spring [sort of like a (37871-41) clutch releasing disc] to be flat. So, they provide (4) .020" (large) and (4) .030" (small) shims to maintain the diaphragm spring (arch-gap) of .010" - .020". Large shims install sandwiched on the shouldered nuts, for less arch. Small shims are used on the hub stud nuts for more arch.
Get the clutch hub holding tool (PC-3000) and hub puller (PC-2000) too. You can't use your stock style clutch hub puller, on a (PC-1000-A) Pro-Clutch . You need the clutch tools and they're not that expensive.
Mine is the 11mm x 1-1/2 w/ Kevlar belt. Don't ever bend a belt or it's history.
PC -1000-A
The hub nut (PP-016-T) is not included. You need it.
Thanks Mike :)
http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup.as ... ley&page=1
The seal (PP-017) is not included with the hub nut. You need it, but it's the same (James) as the OEM 12014.
imo, anytime a manufacturer utilizes an OEM type part in a hi-tech assembly, it's a class act.
<<

panacea

Post Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:06 pm

Re: Rivera Primo Pro-Clutch On Sale @ J&P

Yes plumber that's JP part # 600-429. includes 1 1/2" belt drive system with the Pro Clutch for $??????? (tapered shaft). They also have one for splined shaft. Mike
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:43 pm

Forum policy........no pricing. Sorry fellas. Pa
<<

Plumber

Post Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:51 am

Is forum pricing something left over from the last administration? Just curious. We talk about pricing over on http://hydra-glide.net (freely... and at will) [a.k.a HGN) and there's never a problem. Nobody starts cutting each others throats with price wars. :mrgreen: Now that I think about it, some parts price wars might be a good thing. :wink:
To me, it doesn't matter that much but, I'm wondering if it might be a rule that no longer means anything?- if it even-ever did before. :roll:
You could always try it out and then if people abuse it, turn their water off. The last administration had an idea that people would start....would start.....gee, I don't really know what their idea was. It's not a club generated edict, I think it was a family idea, and that family sold the business. Anyway, it's our site, not S&S's, they only own the site..but it's our site. So, let's run a vote. I vote we try and generate as much commerce as we like. Let products sell on merit and price. Some people would like to know that so & so was having a price on clutch assemblies. Give them some prices.
To put it politely....."we dawn need no stee-kin helmet laws or price gags"..... :? :D :evil: :shock: :idea:
What would Steve do?
http://www.tagheuer.com/the-collection/ ... bl?lang=en
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:50 am

Policy has not changed. Any policy changes will be announced before any changes are made. A VOTE ? I can't imagine France, Germany, England, etc., etc., etc., excepting my vote on issues pertaining to their possessions. I'm in Ohio.......will California except votes from me ??????? No offence Plumber, but your vote don't count in my state of Ohio. If you wish to make suggestions on policy issues, you have an area to do it in on this forum. Pa
<<

Plumber

Post Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:01 am

Harley-Davidson 1930-1941 • Revolutionary Motorcycles & Those That Rode Them • Herbert Wagner , pg. 161
http://www.amazon.com/Harley-Davidson-1 ... 906&sr=1-1
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That was a club back then. A computer screen is the club today (minus the trees and fresh air). Think it over. Some would rather not have pricing handcuffs.
<<

Plumber

Post Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:47 pm

The Pro-Clutch you see is the (PC-1000-A)
The hub nut is another part and the oil seal is another part. The Rivera site is hard to navigate. If you click catalog you get a list of page numbers and it's a stab-and-guess as to which page you'll get to see. I told them about the poor navigation and he told me, "Yep , well, you're talking about a Random Index feature and they're an expensive system to install, unless of course, you'd like to pay for one."
Go to Technical Support and drop-down menu to Installation Guides and Clutches.
http://www.riveraengineering.com/html/spprtinstll.html
Look for:
Pro-Clutch Installation Instructions - PC-1000-A for all 1936-1984 Big-Twin applications

Return to Pans