FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Some pics of my Buddys Pan project...

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

epinut

Post Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:26 pm

Some pics of my Buddys Pan project...

A friend of mine is doing this bike & I got some pics of it today. They're pretty much "mock up" pics, but apart from a few details this is what the finished product will look like. What do you think guys?

<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:42 pm

I really like the additional Sporty look. Pa
<<

Curt!

Post Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:05 pm

It's got a nice look to it, but it isn't something I'd build. I don't like stopping for gas, so I'm not big on small gas tanks. I I'd be concerned about the exhaust sitting so high. Brings that heat right up on your thigh.
But it's not my bike and those are just aesthetic choices. If it serves his purpose it gets a triple A from me. :)
Curt!
<<

Plumber

Post Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:24 pm

I like it. Internal cable handlebars and manual circuit breaker. You can move (KH stacked) barrel mufflers back and secure them with a common plate supported by the big hole in the rear axle plate. Paughco makes the upswepts and V-Twin has the KH mufflers.
<<

sleeper

Post Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:51 pm

I like it too.. Reminds of the FLHTT that was in IronWorks magazine recently..
Nice touch w/the dual carbs, & dual fire... What year motor ? 1962 ?
-----------------------------------------------------------------
The view is always much better from the front of the pack... :lol:
<<

epinut

Post Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:38 am

Thanks for your comments guys! Well, the mufflers will be positioned as they are right now, & the rest of the system will be dual "Hi-pipes". Sleeper you mentioned the 50 FLHTT in Iron Works, & I pipe like that would make an excellent starting point! Anyone that's got an old Superior pipe laying around? The cases are actually S&S, due to the fact that good oem cases seem unobtainable, so that's a compromise... But if anyone want's to sell a good set just let me know!

Also lookin for good used oem clutch & brake levers, (non ball end type) and a 62 & up small Hummer seat (Scat, Ranger I think?)...

Pic of the FLHTT bike. I think that this is a Superior pipe, at least it looks just like one...

Return to Pans