FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Vol. 2 Book Tour

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

Plumber

Post Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:09 pm

Vol. 2 Book Tour

We're going to be in Denver, Golden, Boulder, Nederland, Niwot, Longmont, Estes Park, Vail, Glenwood Springs, & *Aspen while dropping off a few (numbered) discounted book price (countertop) coupons.
Most of "our" shops aren't webbed for contact, so if you know of any independents who want to be in touch with a central network of '41-59 OHV information for 1941-1959 restoration and kit-builds, we're rolling out there in September.

*Colorado's seasonal, which is always a factor,... and resto/ kit-friendly. An excellent winter project in your heated garage, with 24/7 serious help right here for 61 & 74 OHV. There's a blue 1950 EL from Japan /... (white grips) in the "Gallery". Click on the pic for full screen. Nice feature for detail.
http://www.hydra-glide.com/coppermine/d ... ?pos=-1362
Yea, me too. Build one.
Last edited by Plumber on Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:04 pm, edited 8 times in total.
<<

panhead

Post Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:10 pm

You must copy the URL as shown below the picture:

http://www.hydra-glide.com/coppermine/displayimage.php?pos=-1362
Ride Safe & Have Fun

http://www.hydra-glide.com
<<

Plumber

Post Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:43 pm

:arrow: This site is broken temporarily.
<<

Plumber

Post Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:10 pm

Re: Vol. 2 Book Tour

Hey :!: There's no helmet law in Colorado and there's a lot more people riding motorcycles out here on a daily basis, than California. It looks great to see people riding the 93 between Boulder and Golden.
You see some with helmets, but it is a good feeling when you see riders without them. Reminds me of California's good old days, when you could build a Linkert Harley and take off wearing a wool watch cap - a real quality of riding I forgot about until I saw it again. The lucky pups have it good in Colorado.
Hotel Boulderado • Banjo Billy city tours are a good way to see an overview of Boulder.
Boulder "Flat irons".
We're going to visit the local chopper shops and see how they feel about the OHV kit industry, backed by reliable 4-Speed transmissions and crate Knuckle & Pan motors. It will take awhile for kits to gain respectability, but would develop quicker if we had a national event, that would put it right up in the publics face.
Something like a cross country run for Depression or Hep-C - curable diseases that affect a lot of people but no one wants to talk about. Tie it in all to Knuckle & Pan 49 State kits.
<<

Plumber

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:57 pm

We're staying in room 409 at the Boulderado....Detective Elliot Stabler checked into room 400. No sign of his partner Olivia Benson. I was thinking of grabbing Stabler by the throat and pinning him up against the lobby wall, but he looks about 6'3" and he's got the reach on me. :wink:
<<

MarkBranst

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:54 pm

Plumber wrote:We're staying in room 409 at the Boulderado....

Ok, its Tuesday night, and you know what room Plumber is staying in ... And the Boulderama phone number can be found on the net :twisted: Late night phone calls, mass pizza deliveries, the mind boggles at the possibilities ...
<<

panacea

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:14 pm

Boulder,,,college town,,,school girls,,,Who wants pizza?
<<

Plumber

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:25 pm

The room numbers were changed to protect the innocent from the "perps". :idea:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I talked to small m/c shop owners in Colorado about kit builds. All were in favor of it. All have accounts with Tedd Cycle and didn't want their name reflected, by me, on this site as regards to their disappointment of returning parts to V-Twin for reliable replacements, which is understandable, since I was there for the reporting, but then leaving town....and they want their relationships with V-Twin to stay intact. A few directed their complaints at me, sincemaybe they felt I worked for V-Twin, Inc. in some capacity, or because they've never had an actual person to complain to.
The biggest drawback reported to me, for shop owners that would build Knuckle & Pan kits for customers, is the lack of reliable 4-Speed transmissions.
Engine No. 12 - Silver Plume to Georgetown

Replica OHV motors were not an issue for them, but 4-fin cam cover Knuckle motors were. I couldn't speak for S&S or Tedd Cycle and their intentions, but shop owners reported to me that if 8-fin cam cover, reliable Knuckle motors were available, they felt their customer base would buy them and build kits eventually. Every shop owner that was interested, to the person, ask me where and who had built them and where were the pictures and testimonials. You had to be there, but their positive response was surprising, especially since they're nearing the end of their riding season and I was taking up their valuable time.
The best I could do for our new industry was tell them to stay tuned to flatheadpower.com & hydra-glide.net, since that's where they'll see kit builds done and running.

Return to Pans