FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

'49-84 Repop Front Fender

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

Plumber

Post Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:18 pm

'49-84 Repop Front Fender

A V-Twin raw (50-0124) "Fitz-All" front fender with trim holes. These are OEM rails and front tip. The holes match up perfectly. You need three T-bolts. The V-Twin kits ship two per pack, but you need three. The right side of the fender needs three bolts for sure and some front fender metal bumping, but it's a pretty good fender overall.
The right rail can be pulled in at the front to meet the tip, but it would be better to bump some stress-relief out the side of the fender first.
I believe these are OEM trim bolts. (left) front (right) rear T-bolt
What's this tab? For a later year? It's not for the brake tube clamp. The brake tube clamp hole, is 10-32, and tapped into the laminate of the side mount braces.
Front tip has relief indented that requires you to use a longer mount screw for the top hole in the tip. The holes match up perfectly to OEM and AM tips. Two screws are used at 12 and 6 o'clock on the '59-up tip. Middle hole is for a later tip maybe. I think the holes are also good for the '49-57 tip as well. I'll try it and see.
I'm flooding behind the brackets with brake cleaner spray, then flooding the same with DP-90 primer, wipe off the dregs and let it dry. Doing the same with the topcoat, to try and minimize future rust.
Last edited by Plumber on Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:59 am, edited 9 times in total.
<<

steph

Post Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:02 am

Please Plumber do your homework : what you show us is a '59-'66 replica...even the Vtwin catalog(your bible) shows this I guess!
Stéph
<<

Plumber

Post Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:10 am

The rear edge of the fender is a little rough. At least they hit it with a grinder as it rolled past on the assembly line. :wink: Not a bad fender at all.
Here's the fender page from the '06 catalog. JW laid it all out real nice didn't he?
The '49-57 fender has the earlier brackets, correct they may be, but they don't look as strong as the later brackets. That's why I opted for the (50-0137) '49-84 Fitz-All.

Return to Pans