FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

American Cycle Fabrication

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

MarkBranst

Post Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:41 pm

Hey,

Does anybody have any direct knowledge of this firm ... located in Pennsylvania. They make some pretty strong claims as to their expertise on flatheads and old Harleys in general ...

http://tinyurl.com/q6yh9

Just curious. Mark
<<

44u

Post Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:31 pm

Never heard of them but the address sounded familiar. I checked and it showed the same address as Bill's Custom Cycle.
I don't know what the deal is. ????????
<<

Chris Haynes

Post Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:36 pm

44u,
Actually Bill's Custom is located at 7145 Columbia Blvd Bloomsburg. This shop is closeby though.
<<

44u

Post Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:53 pm

You're right Chris. I'm off a number in my old age. Bills is 7145 and ACF is 7175.
Guess ACF Inc. has a parts source next door. :lol:
<<

flat40

Post Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:30 am

American Cycle Fabrication, Don't use them!!! I was very displeased with their attention to detail. I should have been cautious with people, who said they know everything about vintage engines. We all learn things on a daily basis. The above is just my 2 cents.
<<

BrentCross@Bronko's

Post Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:59 pm

Good point Flat40 - after close to 20 years in the business there isn't a day that goes by that I don't learn something new. Stuff we did even a couple of years ago on bikes is no longer correct due to changes in fuel/oil/metallurgy etc.. Just when you think you "know it all" that attitude will bite you in the a..!! :lol:
<<

Paul Friebus

Post Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:06 pm

Re: American Cycle Fabrication

I am Paul Friebus the President of American Cycle Fabrication. Flat40, if you have a problem with a motor that we may have built for you, I'd appreciate it if you would contact us directly. We do stand behind the work that we do. I am not aware of who you are, or what work we may have done for you. I am not aware of a Flathead motor out there that we have built where the customer is unhappy. On occassion our "attention to detail" is limited by our customer's budget. I have never claimed to know it all. I do have a very good working knowledge of FlatHeads, but like everyone else I am learning all the time. I have built more than my fair share of Flatheads from stock restorations to full race motors. Currently my motors hold 11 Land Speed records at Bonneville Salt Flats Speed Week.
In reply to your original question Mark Branst we run an open workshop and would be happy to show you what we do and the detail that we do go to in our motor rebuilds.
<<

amklyde

Post Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:02 pm

Welcome Paul! Sort of a tough way to participate on the board, having to defend yourself right away. If you have the time to check in once in a while, I think you will find some interesting discussions here, put up by some serious Flathead Wackos. I hope you can enjoy the site and contribute if you see fit. Check out another site, http://www.knucklenutz.com if you get a chance, I put up a picture of our mutual friend Tony Bliss, grinning from ear to ear behind the ULH motor you provided parts for.
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:12 pm

Welcome aboard Paul ! Pa
<<

HD48FL

Post Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:32 pm

American Cycle Fabrication is great to deal with...

Paul did my panhead motor and trans and has helped me find many parts that I need for my project. He and his shop are honest and knowledgeable and do excellent work with attention to detail. They test run all of their rebuilds before they leave the shop. Paul is an enthusiast and I've had nothing but great dealings with his shop. I wouldn't go anywhere else.
<<

Curt!

Post Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:36 pm

Welcome Paul:
Good to see that you came in to defend your reputation. It's pretty easy to trash someone's rep from one experience. If the customer is unhappy and never says anything how can you make things right. I had a customer trash me all over the area over a non-motorcycle personal matter and I lost a lot of business over it. He figured the best way to hurt me was to disparage my wrenching.
BTW; How do you get along with Bill?
:)

flat40..... fill us in on what exactly was wrong with the work AMC did for you that was so inaccurate. You'll find us a bit skeptical about everything around here. It's a pretty tough crowd of both amateur and professional wrenches. You should pay us the courtesy of explaining your displeasure.
Curt!
<<

flatheadrider

Post Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:15 am

I recently dopped off a motor for American Cycle Fabrication to build. I had heard of them on this discussion board and drove up there from DC to check out the shop and the people. I was quite impressed. It's a small shop but clean and well equipped. Paul spent half the afternoon talking to me about my ideas, what he has learned over the years and what services his shop offers. There were flatheads everywhere in all stages of completion including his bonnie motor. The staff inspired complete confidence and visited with me for about an hour after closing. If I hadn't left we would probably still be talking shop. If in doubt, check it out!

Return to Big Twin Flatties