Board index Flathead Power-Technical Questions, Answers, and Suggestions Big Twin Flatties Sparkplugs, 1941 U / Wich ones should I use

Sparkplugs, 1941 U / Wich ones should I use

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

Hello everybody :)

After driving around Copenhagen for some years I finally reached the point where I trust my old 1941 U enough to take it on a long trip through Europe.

This means driving longer and faster than we're used to. What sparkplugs would you recommend for the trip? The engine has new aluminium cylinderheads from Flathead-Power. This means small diameter thread.

Currently I'm using Splitfire SF426C and Champion N12YC.

Another Question: I normally use 50 mineral oil, but is there any other oil I could use on the trip? The kind you could by on a gas station? Otherwise most of my luggage will be oil :)

Thanks in advance

Post Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:47 am

Riding around Europe on a Big Flat, sounds like great fun to me. I would want to use genuine HD oil if there are enough dealers around to make it easy to find. More expensive yes, but I am reluctant to mix oil brands if I can help it. When I'm on the road a few extra $ spent on good oil is worth the peace of mind. Enjoy your trip and please take the time to tell us a story about it when you get back.

Post Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:58 am

The Champion sounds about right, but I'd try an 11 (colder) just to see how it colors.

Post Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:59 am

Thanks guys,

I'll try that :)

Return to Big Twin Flatties