Board index Flathead Power-Technical Questions, Answers, and Suggestions Big Twin Flatties Magneto on ul.....

Magneto on ul.....

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

Post Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:53 am

Just finished rebuilding my 42U bobber.. motor has been totally rebuilt..and running with stock distributer,6 volt that the bike is on the road a friend has given me an old(i think 70`s) Joe hunt magnetto in great condition...would look great on the bike the way its set up,but would this be a good move runningwise....have had no experience with mags,any thoughts would be much appreciated........

Post Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:36 pm

yp, try this site:

G 8)

Post Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:36 pm

Joe Hunt didn't make the magnetos, nor does Morris. They are fairbanks-Moorse units that these folks have modified. Usually they modify them to fit OHV Big Twins. A stock magnito from a K or Sportster will bolt on to your 42 U.

Post Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:04 am

I dropped a FM /sportster mag in my 80 a few years ago to try it. Started easy, ran just fine. The mag ended up on the tractor, and works just fine there also, even starts in the Winter.
Dr. Dick

Post Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:07 pm

And I love it. Buck at Goblin Millworx went through it and it prduces all the spark you could ever want! I love them! :)

Return to Big Twin Flatties