Board index Flathead Power-Technical Questions, Answers, and Suggestions Big Twin Flatties #7 Oil Feed Pump

#7 Oil Feed Pump

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

Post Tue May 27, 2014 6:35 am

I am looking for a picture or description of the 37 feed pump. One year only? Thanks, Kyle

Post Tue May 27, 2014 8:18 am
Pa Site Admin

Kyle, Have you looked at page 191 in Bruce Palmer III's book "How To Restore Your Harley Davidson".

Post Tue May 27, 2014 5:57 pm

Kyle, how do you ID that pump? I have several bodies, but do not know the differences for 37.

Post Wed May 28, 2014 6:47 am

The pump I am looking at has extra material just to the left of the pressure relief cap. I have heard people refer to this pump as a 37 only pump. None to sure about the purpose if this extra boss, but it partially covers the cam cover screw behind it. Paul, I looked in Bruce's book and the picture of the 37 prototype motor has the common pump so that brings everything to question.

Post Wed May 28, 2014 7:15 pm

Is the extra lump just to the right of the inlet fitting? If so, I may have one.

Post Thu May 29, 2014 6:11 am

That's it Woody. It seems there must have been some idea to install an oil pressure switch at that boss. I have heard of this pump being referred to by knowledgeable people as a 37 pump, but is that right? I have a 37ULH project and have a 40U customer motor that needs a pump, and I have one of each so I'm just trying to keep it right if I can.

Post Thu May 29, 2014 4:57 pm

I do not know anything about which is early or late as your post is the first I have heard about this. I have 4 pump bodies and only one has the extra boss. It also has a shield with an "L" cast into the outside face of the body and my others do not have this feature.

Return to Big Twin Flatties