FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

NEW UL CYLINDER SOURCE

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

MOLDTHREAD

Post Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:03 pm

NEW UL CYLINDER SOURCE

We are proud to announce that Enfieldracing.com has completed the purchase of all the flathead casting patterns from S & S Cycles. This includes the UL cylinders, engine cases and cam cover, K/KR cylinders, Indian Scout and Chief Cylinders, and Henderson 4 cylinder. These are the same patterns used by Anders Nygren of Sweden, manufactured under the FLAT HEAD POWER name. We expect to be in production of the UL cylinders by summer 2015, with the K & KR cylinders right after that, then the UL Engine cases which will be perfect for Magnum Engines.The cases will be cast in 356-T6 aluminum which is 40% stronger than what the factory used.

All parts will be cast and machined in the US in small lots to the same exacting standards that we have established for our existing parts.

This will greatly compliment our line of 648 Indian cases, cylinders, WL/WR/KR cams, heads and other race parts, as well as our Rubber Ducky Floats and Peek Intake Superseals.
Bruce Argetsinger
AHRMA Dirt Track # 67J
www.enfieldracing.com
<<

knucklebolt

Post Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:57 pm

Re: NEW UL CYLINDER SOURCE

Do you know at this time how you will be pricing these?

Thanks,

ken.
<<

helsingborg

Post Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:41 pm

Congratulations. I'll send an e-mail about some suggestions based on my experience with my S&S UL cylinder set.
<<

MOLDTHREAD

Post Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:52 pm

Any feedback or input on other products is always welcome.
Don't know about prices yet. based on the Scout cylinders I make, there is more iron ($) and more machining set ups. so I would expect them to be higher.
Bruce Argetsinger
AHRMA Dirt Track # 67J
www.enfieldracing.com
<<

mark59

Post Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:09 pm

i have a pair of S&S cylinders, one item that needs attention is having the fins between the cylinder and exhaust port be clear and defined. these cylinders and my india cylinder both are completely blocked, this causes the exhaust heat to have a solid pathway to the top of the bore.
<<

woody

Post Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:18 am

You didn't mention UL heads, but if you also will be making these, I have a couple of observations.

I have purchased a set of S&S heads and found them to be very nice overall. The machining is top notch and overall they look very nice. I have also in the past had a new set of original HD heads for UL. These came directly out of sealed, unopened boxes. There are 2 major differences that I noticed. The spark plug threads in the HD heads were steel inserts cast into the head and the S&S are helicoiled. The cast surface texture is also noticeably different. The HD heads have a finer, smoother texture than the S&S. It appears almost as if the S&S were cast with a much coarser sand mixture. I would attribute this to age and wear if the HD heads had not come out of sealed boxes. (Wrapped in 1948 Milwaukee Journal pages)
<<

Frankenstein

Post Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:20 am

Congrats, glad to hear you're the new source. Looking forward to seeing the new parts,
DD
<<

Andyj

Post Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:06 am

Good luck with the new venture.
I'm the owner of a set of the S&S UL cylinders and have had nothing but problems with them.
If yours work as well as your Rubber Ducky floats ( which I also have ) you're on to a winner.
<<

Cotten

Post Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:33 am

Andyj wrote:Good luck with the new venture.
I'm the owner of a set of the S&S UL cylinders and have had nothing but problems with them.
If yours work as well as your Rubber Ducky floats ( which I also have ) you're on to a winner.

The gamble is on the P4gas, Folks
RDSTUCK.jpg

Stop at the wrong pump, and you might get a stuck duck.

....Cotten

Return to Big Twin Flatties