I don't know of any that don't simply repeat the factory service manual. The one in Palmer is very good.
Typical problems that appear to be adjustment (but aren't):
1. air leak*
2. wrong spark advance (typically fixed advance, or too retarded)
3. big cam
4. loose throttle shaft bushings
5. scar in carb body where throttle disc has closed against the wall
6. debris in idle, transition holes
7. needle taper or needle seat surface is bad
8. wrong float level
9. open exhaust
10. loose venturi
* carb body to manifold, manifold to cylinder, guide to cylinder, head bolt hole, valve seat
Last edited by panic on Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.