Chris Haynes

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:14 pm

Re: Special construction registration woes

<<

Curt!

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:18 pm

What a cop-out......
Among other things, state leaders said they were concerned that stolen parts could be used in some of the custom bikes.

It's going to get worse before it gets better. There are so many pieces to the 2008 EPA regs to fight, it's going to take a huge effort to overturn it. Have you guys noticed how many of the custom bike builders have disappeared in the last year. Certainly a lot of the big names have curtailed their advertising in recent months. It will be interesting to gauge the mood at Cincinnati next month. Anybody here going to the V-Twin Expo? It's sneaking up on us pretty quickly. I've registered my crew, but haven't got rooms yet. Seems like rooms are getting scarce.
Curt!
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:34 pm

I'm waiting on those Space Shuttle and commercial jet catalists. :shock:
<<

Plumber

Post Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:53 pm

"Very soon, it's going to really hit the fan. Already in the past three weeks, our phones have been ringing off the hook," said Randy Snyder, editor of Full Throttle Magazine.

Snyder, along with others, plan to push the state to change its laws and exempt custom bikes or kit bikes and cars.

"Hopefully, they are going to take another look at it and realize they made a mistake," said Snyder.

A spokesperson for the Georgia Department of Revenue said, "We are looking for a reasonable solution that accommodates existing laws to find a way to title and register these vehicles. However, new legislation will be required."

Follow Snyder.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Now's when everyone and the AMCA should be organizing an effort to keep kit-builds-one-per-person within the EPA suggested guidelines, as they are now written. You can read the AMA's response of assurance on our Vol. 2 site under one of the...aw, heck. I'll go get it.
Scroll down to:
Here's positive information from the AMA and EPA about kit-builds:
http://www.amazon.com/Publishing-Date-M ... tore=books
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Rhinebeck NY, folks, June 13-15, 2008. If V-Twin doesn't exhibit and ride a V-Twin bobber, I'll be hugely disappointed.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
How can the AMCA help? By creating a class distinction for Replica and judge them by how close to original (stock, cut-down or bobber) someone can build it. Why? To increase public involvement and new members that will support the hobby of early OHV building. This is not your 1980's repop anymore.

Return to Talk To Us