FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Viola V Twin

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

fhsmith1

Post Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:09 pm

Viola V Twin

I'd like to know more on the subject. I'm sure some of the S&S people moniter and can shed some light. If it supplies quality parts,

I'm ALL FOR IT!!!

f
<<

Cotten

Post Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:47 am

Re: Viola V Twin

My catalog showed up yesterday, Folks,...

...Packaged with a Crane catalog, and one of those shiny-paper S&S race newsletters.

I only had a moment to flip it open, but Flatheadpower knuckle valve cups were listed, along with a very comprehensive small hardware listing with decent diagrams.

If my minimum order has been lowered by this new distributing arm of the company, I shall be ordering soon.

....Cotten
<<

FHP-Eric

Post Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:13 pm

Hey guys, The Viola V-Twin catalog is currently a collection of S&S, Flathead Power & Crane Cam parts that can be used as service parts on stock bikes of various year groups. We've done the research and we have listed those parts also found in our S&S catalog that fit stock displacement bikes. We have provided it in a "Parts Catalog" format with exploded views and stock part numbers with a column for the corresponding S&S or FHP available part, if any. If we have a part that will fit stock, but isn't exactly like stock, i.e.; the FHP upper & Lower Tins, we list those at the end of the section. The plan moving forward would be to continue to research and bring in other components, say we needed some trans parts, we would research what is out there, conduct testing if needed, and add it to the catalog. In some cases it may be a Baker Drive Train part, and if it isn't in Bert's offering we will have it made. If it is a Baker part it will say so in the catalog. All of these parts will go thru some kind of vetting process, whether it be thru testing or confirmation of the vendor's testing. There won't be any "fly by night" quick resale items in this catalog, because as it says right on the front cover "Endorsed by S&S" We have included a way to request parts that you use all the time that are not in the VVT Catalog, this way you get a say in what is offered. This is done thru the VVT web site. Feel free to hit me with any other questions!

On the Minumum order - our minimum Order is $50 and if you want free ground shipping; any dealer in the 48 contiguous states that places an order directly with S&S for $300 or more of available product, S&S will provide standard ground shipping free of charge. This free shipping policy will include complete assembled engine shipments as well. The orders from the VVT catalog, S&S Catalog & Crane catalog are all taken by your S&S customer service rep and can be all on one order regardless of which catalog you order from.
Eric
S&S Cycle, Vintage Lead (formerly Flathead Power)
<<

fhsmith1

Post Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:58 pm

FHP-Eric
Thank you for the responce. I for one will welcome better quality parts and will expect to pay for quality. Please expand your coverage to include many other service parts. And concentrate on the quality aspect.
F
<<

woody

Post Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:41 pm

FHP-Eric,
I ran the online catalog and after several pages it began to turn the pages slower and slower until I got a message on my computer that told me that a script in the catalog was causing my computer to run slow and if I continued, it would soon stop working. Shortly after that, the computer locked up and I had to shut down. I am running Vista and have plenty of Ram and all programs were just recently updated to the latest versions.
<<

FHP-Eric

Post Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:42 pm

I'll mention it to our web guy, i suggest you download the full PDF to your computer, then it is just a file that you are running on your computer rather than a web site adding to your memory cache thingy....at least that's my technical term for it.
Eric
S&S Cycle, Vintage Lead (formerly Flathead Power)
<<

woody

Post Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:20 am

When I click on the "download catalog" button on the S&S home page, it opens the catalog, but I do not get the option to down load. That is how I ended up with the problem I had in the first place. I tried to download the catalog and it opened up, so I started paging through it.
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:31 am

If the catalog opens on your computer as a PDF file, you use the Adobe save a copy button to save the catalog to your computer.
<<

woody

Post Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:16 pm

Pa,
It does not open as a PDF, it opens as a web page. I am using Firefox.
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:55 am

Woody...do you have adobe acrobat reader in your computer ? If not, you can download a free version online by just doing a search for fee adobe reader. Once you have that program, you can go to this link, http://www.violavtwin.com/catalogs . and click on the "Save Pages" button located on the fifth button from the left at bottom of catalog viewing window.
<<

woody

Post Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:37 am

Thanks, Pa. That worked. When I had that page open before, the little boxes that tell you what each of the symbols on the lower left mean did not come up. They worked on the link you gave me.
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:41 pm

Glad it worked for you Woody. Pa

Return to Talk To Us