FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Vintage Motorcycle Drags August 13

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

Lee W

Post Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:44 pm

Vintage Motorcycle Drags August 13

The National Vintage Motorcycle Drag Racing Association http://www.vintagedragbikeracing.com/index.html is holding an event in southeastern Illinois on Saturday August 13 at Accelaquarter Raceway Park near Harrisburg. The NVMDRA focuses on 1972 and earlier bikes, although any year motorcycle is welcome to compete at their events.

Though there are probably not a lot of members of this board who have vintage drag bikes, street bikes have been a big part of drag racing since the very beginning, so if you own any pre 1972 motorcycle, it will fit into the program nicely. The NVMDRA is dedicated to getting the old iron back out on the track with the focus being on having fun rather than serious competition (though any time two bikes line up next to each other its a good bet both riders want to reach the finish line first!)

So, whether you've never made a pass on a dragstrip, or you're an old veteran, come on out and join the fun!
<<

john k. endrizzi

Post Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:00 am

Re: Vintage Motorcycle Drags August 13

Are you planning to go Lee ?
<<

Lee W

Post Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:21 am

Having missed the last one due to last minute issues with our tow vehicle, I am a little hesitant to say. But, yes, God willing we will be there. If it pans out for us, then keep a lookout for this bike:

<<

Early Iron Motorcycles

Post Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:12 am

Hi Lee, If I can get away from the shop I'll try to make it there to see you run.
Mark.

Return to Talk To Us