S&S Emissions Certification Lab
S&S Cycle, Inc. has always been on the leading edge of innovation, constantly pushing to offer the proven performance products, and the emissions department is no exception to this philosophy. After countless hours of research, planning, and construction, S&S has successfully developed its own emissions testing laboratory. The S&S Emissions Certification Laboratory (ECL) has been up and running since January of 2008. The ECL is a recognized testing facility by the US Environmental Protection Agency and is listed on the California Air Resources Board’s list of approved independent test laboratories for testing of aftermarket products on motorcycles.
The S&S ECL is capable of performing both exhaust emissions and evaporative emissions testing. All emissions testing conducted at S&S follows the general standards and specific emissions requirements deemed necessary by Title 40, Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Part 86, Subparts E and F and by California Evaporative Emission Standards and Test Procedures for 2001 and Subsequent Model Motor Vehicles.
The ECL is set up specifically for testing vehicles in the power sports industry. Motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs, scooters, and trikes are all welcome candidates for testing at S&S.
- FTP Emissions Testing with 3 Bag Analysis
- FTP Emissions Testing with Continuous Modal Analysis
- Custom Drive Cycles- Ability to run custom drive cycles including EURO traces
- Diurnal SHED test
- Hot soak SHED test
- Emissions testing- S&S offers emissions testing to any caliber; whether it’s a single emissions test or a complete certification program your after, S&S has you covered.
- Mileage accumulation- Don’t have the time or don’t want to bother with the hassle of completing mileage accumulation? No problem, S&S can do it for you.
- Calibration support- Tuning an engine to emit low emissions while maintaining drivability can be a tricky task. Let our trained professionals use their knowledge and experience with emissions calibration work to help your product meet all applicable emissions regulations.
- Consultant support- S&S can aid you through the process of getting your product certified, or if desired, will do the all of it for you.
- Analytical Catalyst Testing- S&S can provide analytical testing of your vehicles catalyst to ensure the substrate and active material loading meet your engine family specifications
Why choose S&S?
- Experienced personnel
- Facility designed specifically for the power sports industry