S&S® now offers a CNC porting service for stock cylinder heads for X-Wedge®engines. This is an economical way to get a substantial horsepower increase. S&S has developed high flowing intake port, exhaust port, and combustion chamber shapes for X-Wedge cylinder heads. S&S then digitally reproduces
them in a head casting with our 5 axis CNC machining centers. After CNC porting, heads are assembled with new valves and high performance, conical high silicon alloy valve springs.
- 128" and 132" X-Wedge engines
Features and benefits
- CNC machined ports for a consistent performance increase from original heads
- Choice of two different chamber machinings (107 or 113)
- Great throttle response, high velocity port without losing low RPM torque
- Assembled with performance valves and springs
- Finish options: Full polished, silver, wrinkle black powdercoat
- Buy New CNC, or...
- Rework Service
- Heads sent to S&S
- Get the same set of heads back with CNC machined
ports & chambers
- The best option for heads with a special cosmetic treatment
- Allow 2 week turn-around
- Custom CNC Port Duplication
- S&S can digitize your port design and machine it in your
heads, ask an S&S customer service representative for details
CNC porting is not available for previously ported heads, heads that have been structurally damaged, or heads that are determined to be unserviceable during initial inspection. These heads will be returned to the customer without modification. In these cases customer will be notified and options reviewed. New CNC ported heads are available for purchase.
Due to variations in cylinder head castings, all inside surfaces of the ports may not “clean up” during machining. As a result, the inside of one or more ports may not appear to be completely machined. This does not effect performance and is not considered a defect.