S&S Performance X-Wedge fuel injected engines are similar to the emissions compliant versions, but they are intended for closed course competition and for display vehicles.
Performance X-Wedge engines do not come with emissions compliance documentation, and there are no limitations on vehicle weight, exhaust system, or gear ratios. Like all other S&S performance engines, a Manufacturer's Statement of Origin (MSO) is issued at the time of sale, and the installer is not required to document compliance. The S&S Variable Fuel Injection (VFI) module included with this engine is the full performance version with no restrictions on tuning. Otherwise, features and specifications are the same as the 49 state and 50 state compliant models. Non-certified X-Wedge® engines are intended for closed course competition and display vehicles.
This engine requires a special frame. S&S offers X-Wedge compatible frames from several manufactures. In addition, frame manufacturer Rolling Thunder can modify stock Harley-Davidson® FXR and bagger frames to accommodate the X-Wedge engine.
These engines are not legal for sale or use in pollution-controlled motor vehicles.
The S&S X-Wedge features:
- 117 cubic inch displacement
- 56° cylinder angle - reduced piston interference and less vibration
- Unique belt driven, three cam design - better pushrod angles and reduced noise
- Forged one-piece crankshaft with automotive style plain bearings
- Automotive style low mass rocker arms
- Gerotor style oil pump
- S&S dual closed loop Fuel Injection with knock sensing ignition
- Three year warranty
- .548 Compression Release Camshaft
- Delphi® style Single Bore Closed Loop EFI
- Fully polished finish